PDA

View Full Version : Looking for max value with my trips

ajmargarine
10-25-2006, 05:16 AM
I'll just give you my reads and let the hand speak for itself. My image is very solid, taggy. Button is weak tight. SB is ABC TAG. They don't get involved. BB is loose and a typical poor player.

Comments welcome.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $31.30
UTG+1: $53.95
Hero: $60.90
Button: $57.45
SB: $46.10
BB: $48.55

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font>, BB calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($11.25, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($11.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $11</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $28</font>...

tubasteve
10-25-2006, 05:19 AM
this seems incredibly standard vs a donk

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 05:19 AM
I'd muck it preflop, and probably just go ahead and fire on the turn also. The way you played it, I might just shove in on the river because I think if hes calling your raise, hes calling all his chips too.

ama0330
10-25-2006, 07:30 AM
I'd usually lead the turn here because I dont like giving free cards to totally unpredictable players and if a 3rd heart fell on the river I'd be pretty unhappy about it.

As played raise more on the river. All you are really afraid of is the case 5 or a PP and if you are "looking for max value" then obv you are not worried about being beaten, so I don't understand the tiny raise?

Jouster777
10-25-2006, 07:40 AM
I don't mind the turn check. I think the value of the misinformation generated with this player &gt; value to BB of a free card.

On the river I like a small raise, maybe even a minraise. No matter what we raise BB is likely folding. If he has a bare K or 88-QQ he can get away from a big raise.

avfletch
10-25-2006, 07:47 AM
I think a lot depends on the range his flop call gives him.

If he's the sort of player that will call you with just about any pp, any two high cards and 43 for good measure then I'd be looking to value bet my hand against the part of his range that calls down eg any K and possible some pps.

If his range isn't quite that bad then checking behind the turn looks good because the K will scare him off a lot of things that he might bet/bluff out with on the river.

As played I'd probably raise it up a bit more on the end. I'm not really sure what hands call this raise but fold to something higher.

matrix
10-25-2006, 08:19 AM
seems standard but I'd push the river and not just raise.

Your raise means he has to call a further $17 and his stack at this point is $33 or so - if he's going to call off half his remaining stack I think he probably calls a push.

I like the turn check as that K is a scary card to most of the rubbish he's calling with on that flop so he might well bail if we bet the turn.

Imrahil
10-25-2006, 08:25 AM
I like the check on the turn as he may have a PP that he'd fold with on the turn.

Reef
10-25-2006, 08:46 AM
fold pf.

---
I usually bet turn. He'll probably call $7ish. We want to build the pot. River is fine as played.

matrix
10-25-2006, 09:18 AM
fold pf why?

yes our hand is garbage but we have a read that Button and SB are tight, so if we're aren't raising that often this hand is a prime candidate for a raise, and then a CB on the flop which is going to take the hand down 60%+ of the time. (particularly if it's the donk that calls and not one of the 2 TAGgy players) and for all the times that works out it doesn't matter what cards we hold.

We have some connected value so could potentially land a straight 2pair or trips which might well earn us a stack, if our flop CB is called then we just c/f unimproved.

A decent % of my earn is made from CB's at uNL stakes and given the action in this hand and posted reads I think this is a prime CB takedown hand so our cards are mostly irrelevant.

kazana
10-25-2006, 09:26 AM
I don't mind any part of this hand given the reads.

What's more interesting for me is, what do you do if villain pushes after your raise on the river? That'd be an ugly spot to be in.
I don't like getting reraised here, and I believe there's not much more value to squeeze out of villain if he is behind, so I'd probably only call the river. But I'm a chicken.

BombayBadboy
10-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Well, I'd play that 54 if it was suited. I don't like to get into the action against a loose passive donk. Those guys call cbets more often then fold to them.

I like the rest of the hand. Typical for the BB to have a K here.

josh_x
10-25-2006, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually bet turn. He'll probably call $7ish. We want to build the pot. River is fine as played.

[/ QUOTE ]