PDA

View Full Version : River Bluff vs LAG

Oracle
10-25-2006, 03:30 AM
Vill is 52.9/29.4/3.75 and I think may be getting frustrated with me as I have been pulling a few moves on him and showing hands like K high when he folds. Let the berating begin.

I called the turn with the intention of bluffing a non /images/graemlins/heart.gif river if he showed weakness.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($93.60)
CO ($67.15)
Button ($9.25)
SB ($38.60)
BB ($54.75)
UTG ($68.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
1 fold, Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6) 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4, SB folds, BB raises to $15, Hero calls $11.

River: ($36) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $38
Final Pot: $111.75

kyleparks
10-25-2006, 10:57 AM
i think you should fold on the turn. there is 6$ in the pot, no point in building a small pot into a big one without a piece of it.

Pokey
10-25-2006, 01:30 PM
I also think you should fold the turn, but for a very different reason: your actions in past games have dramatically increased the likelihood that you'll get called down light.

Think about it: you've made "image plays" on this table with the intent of getting this opponent to play back at you. By your own observations he's getting frustrated with your approach. That's the time when he's most likely to start fighting back with any piece of the board. I'd expect villain to call this bet with ANY pair, and the odds that he has a pair are pretty darned solid.

Understand why you were showing down K-high hands: it certainly wasn't so that he'd fold to your bluffs down the road. No, it was so that he would be more likely to call. Given that you've gotten him into a position where he's more likely to call, now is not the time to continue bluffing -- especially big bluffs with A-high after he's shown an interest in the pot.

For this river bet to be +EV he'd have to fold half the time. I don't think that happens.

marvin_1935
10-25-2006, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Understand why you were showing down K-high hands: it certainly wasn't so that he'd fold to your bluffs down the road. No, it was so that he would be more likely to call. Given that you've gotten him into a position where he's more likely to call, now is not the time to continue bluffing -- especially big bluffs with A-high after he's shown an interest in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FPS at micro stakes is very -ev