PDA

View Full Version : River Bluff vs LAG

Oracle
10-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Vill is 52.9/29.4/3.75 and I think may be getting frustrated with me as I have been pulling a few moves on him and showing hands like K high when he folds. Let the berating begin.

EDIT: I called the turn with the intention of bluffing the river if he showed weakness.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($93.60)
CO ($67.15)
Button ($9.25)
SB ($38.60)
BB ($54.75)
UTG ($68.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $15</font>, Hero calls $11.

River: ($36) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $38</font>
Final Pot: $111.75

orange
10-25-2006, 03:06 AM
I would bet the flop and fold the turn typically.

Big_Jim
10-25-2006, 03:10 AM
I like the flop check with your hand. Backdoor flush + gutshot outs in a 3 way pot, I'll take it.

Re-raise or fold the turn.

Oracle
10-25-2006, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop check with your hand. Backdoor flush + gutshot outs in a 3 way pot, I'll take it.

Re-raise or fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of like bluffing a non /images/graemlins/heart.gif river instead.

EDIT: I'll explain... on the turn he may call with something like a ten and a flush draw or a weak queen and a flush draw or even 78 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Oracle
10-25-2006, 03:18 AM
bump

uminchu
10-25-2006, 05:34 AM
looks like he got you, he checked behind to get YOUR draws to bluff at the pot and you obliged

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 05:37 AM
it really looks to me like a defensive check call, or he was bluffing with complete air and A high is good.

Reef
10-25-2006, 08:30 AM
" I called the turn with the intention of bluffing the river if he showed weakness."

I don't like this thought process

Oracle
10-25-2006, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
" I called the turn with the intention of bluffing the river if he showed weakness."

I don't like this thought process

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

kurto
10-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Though you have a read on this guy better then us, I'm used to LAGs calling with as little as bottom pair that I'm rarely bluffing them. And if I am bluffing them, I'm not showing them and encouraging them to call light. For If I run cold, I cannot bluff again.

Vammakala
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Because it's ***. You'll end up throwing away money with marginal hands against players that aren't folding hands. I doubt he'd checkraise you with air on turn. Probably slowplayed something like a set.

I don't particularly hate the turn bet, but taking the freecard would imo be better since you didn't c-bet the flop. When you bet on complete blank on turn, it looks more like a missed AK or AJ or something, perhaps an underpair. All the more reason not to do it. But the worst part of the hand is the call of his raise on turn in my opinion.

And he's not folding anything on river $38 that he wouldn't be folding to like... say $25 or even less.

Plus, the "Final pot" shows that he called, you should probably edit that out as well.

Marshall28
10-25-2006, 05:46 PM
if you were planning to take a stab at this pot, you need to wait for a better opportunity. the 5 obviously didnt help you, and villain knows that. i like to exploit this opportunity every chance i get when someone tries to take a pot on a later street when a rag falls. i dont fault the check on the turn as this is a scary board, but u most definitely should not take a stab at it unless something you can represent falls.

i would have bet the flop since they both checked to you, its a much easier way to take down the pot and u dont have to play this guessing game in the later stages... you get a call and dont improve probably just stop there with a minimal loss. if u get called and improve ... you are in a very good situation.