PDA

View Full Version : Retarded spew, or brilliant bluff?

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 02:33 AM
villain is 20/3/.9 very passive player. the line he took just didn' convince me he could call a raise.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $121.50
UTG+1: $41.50
Hero: $50.05
Button: $41.65
SB: $54.75
BB: $19.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.75, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.75</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $11</font>

EMc
10-25-2006, 02:34 AM
huh?

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

hit enter too fast, you're damn quick.

Leviathan101
10-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Um... what are you trying to represent? He obviously likes his hand a great deal if he's willing to lead now after check/calling the flop. I suppose you can rep a set of sixes or nines, but he's much less likely to believe that than an Ace. But what kind of Ace would you have here? And what can you fold out that leads?

Spew IMO.

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Um... what are you trying to represent? He obviously likes his hand a great deal if he's willing to lead now after check/calling the flop. I suppose you can rep a set of sixes or nines, but he's much less likely to believe that than an Ace. But what kind of Ace would you have here? And what can you fold out that leads?

Spew IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to represent a weak ace or a set. Wyhen he lead the turn I thought he had a strong 9 and was bet/folding.

edit: but honestly i do agree with you, i just dont trust my own opinion yet in this game.

Leviathan101
10-25-2006, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Spew IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to represent a weak ace or a set. Wyhen he lead the turn I thought he had a strong 9 and was bet/folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a reason to believe he had a 9 or is that what you wanted to believe he had? I don't really think a passive player would lead a 9 here, I really think he would have to have TT-KK, Ax or set to lead here. The raise will probably only fold out the first group, and I also think that hand is the least likely. I still don't like it. Do you have any other reason to believe he would fold? Is he weak and imagines monsters?

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Spew IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a reason to believe he had a 9 or is that what you wanted to believe he had? I don't really think a passive player would lead a 9 here, I really think he would have to have TT-KK, Ax or set to lead here. The raise will probably only fold out the first group, and I also think that hand is the least likely. I still don't like it. Do you have any other reason to believe he would fold? Is he weak and imagines monsters?

[/ QUOTE ]

my read was not very strong at all. the more i look at it the worse i think this move was.

Yaboosh
10-25-2006, 02:52 AM
Yes, this was very bad. The one read you have is that he is passive. Yet he is betting. Not good for you.

orange
10-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Pretty lameo given villan.