PDA

View Full Version : Taking a shot at NL. need some advice.

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Hi, I'm looking to make a transition from a mostly LHE player to a mostly NLHE player.

My background: Started playing online about 1.5 years ago. Began with .25 .50 limit and worked up to 20/40 full ring limit. Over the past several months I have been playing 2/4-30/60max LHE, but more recently 2/4 and 3/6 on full tilt. During this period of time I played the odd NL tournament and around 500 sngs anywhere from the $5 to $200 level with pretty good success. (30% roi) Also I have played probably around 10k hands of NL cash games (6max) from the $100 level through the $2k level, but nothing too serious.

My working poker bankroll is around $2k. I am fairly confident I am a winner in most of the micro games, but I want to play within my bankroll and gain some experience before I move up.

Should I play at PokerStars, or FullTilt? (27% rb at FTP, I know rakeback isn't as big of a consideration in NLHE as it is in LHE) Should I start with full ring to get comfortable, or go straight to 6max? Also, what level would be correct for my experience level, and on what kind of a schedule should I move up?

It should also be noted that I have read "NLHE Theory and Practice."

Thanks for the help, and I'll likely start posting some hands here soon.

Yaboosh
10-25-2006, 12:24 AM
I would go straight to 6max and start out at 50NL. If you beat 50NL for >6ptbb/100 after 7500 hands, I would say you could give 100NL a try. If you quickly lose a few buyins, post about them, move down to 25NL and start learning the basics.

Please read the FAQs and learn about BET SIZING MOST OF ALL.

LuckOfTheDraw
10-25-2006, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
learn about BET SIZING MOST OF ALL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's about 95% of NLHE.