PDA

View Full Version : AA Value Push? Or slow and extract?

CappyAA
10-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Villain had a lot more, and just lost a big pot. He's raised the last 2 pots now somewhat big preflop. I have had one encounter with him when I raised preflop from the button with 76s, he minreraised from the BB with AK and I flopped 2 pair and won a decent sized pot off him.

What do you think? Is this fine? Should I reraise smaller preflop? Should I just call and let villain hang himself?

Full Tilt NL50 6max

Stacks: Hero - $126.45, Villain - $55.45

Hero is in SB with A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop: Villain raises to $6.50 from UTG, 3 folds, Hero raises to $126.45 and is all in...

I'm thinking he'll call me with worse hands if he's on tilt, and I don't want a scary board slowing him down.

Cappy

xwillience
10-24-2006, 09:19 PM
if they are tilty, i am more inclined to raise smaller and let them push into me. but if you think hell call off weak, then i see no reason why not to get it in now while he thinks he has a hand.

wake_up
10-24-2006, 09:21 PM
If he is on tilt as you say, I'd just raise to about 20 or 25 and hope he decides to push you all in PF or if he calls just instapush any flop.

ymu
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
If he's on tilt I'd raise it to $55.45 - typing in villains exact stack size can be a good way of needling them into a call.

A standard reraise might work just as well or better if he's feeling stubborn.

Vammakala
10-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Effective stack is $55 here. If he's tilty, he's even more apt to continue betting postflop if you just call. This is one of the situations where I might actually consider slowplaying.

Here's how I've more than once have it gone down:
1) I or someone else beats villain X in a pot for either a suckout or a cooler.
2) X gets frustrated and starts overbetting.
3) I just call from position with say... JJ.
4) I flop quads and just call his flop OVERbet.
5) Turn they overbet again (perhaps push)

This is actually how I won my biggest NL100 HU pot ($400). Flopped quads with JJ from position against a guy who's kings I cracked the hand before with T9 and both had $200 stacks /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

He bluffed off two stacks with queen high.
---

Even though he's tilty, that doesn't mean he's likely to call a raise with any two. I think it's more likely that he'll keep pushing with any two.

Just my view though. This of course means that you should be willing to put the money in on almost any flop. Good thing about his $6.5 bet is that it's already more than 10% of the effective stacks. With the implied odds you have compared to his stacking you when he hits, I say you make a lot more, no matter how the flop comes down.

gimmetheloot
10-24-2006, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Effective stack is $55 here. If he's tilty, he's even more apt to continue betting postflop if you just call. This is one of the situations where I might actually consider slowplaying.

Here's how I've more than once have it gone down:
1) I or someone else beats villain X in a pot for either a suckout or a cooler.
2) X gets frustrated and starts overbetting.
3) I just call from position with say... JJ.
4) I flop quads and just call his flop OVERbet.
5) Turn they overbet again (perhaps push)

This is actually how I won my biggest NL100 HU pot ($400). Flopped quads with JJ from position against a guy who's kings I cracked the hand before with T9 and both had $200 stacks /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

He bluffed off two stacks with queen high.
---

Even though he's tilty, that doesn't mean he's likely to call a raise with any two. I think it's more likely that he'll keep pushing with any two.

Just my view though. This of course means that you should be willing to put the money in on almost any flop. Good thing about his $6.5 bet is that it's already more than 10% of the effective stacks. With the implied odds you have compared to his stacking you when he hits, I say you make a lot more, no matter how the flop comes down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. I just call and let him stack off into me.

theUltimateHero
10-24-2006, 10:48 PM
my line here is to min raise preflop... i normally DESPISE minraising but here a minraise will cause anyone on tilt to call hoping to hit that 'miracle flop' and then lead flop for about 10-15 and watch him shove the flop

pokerchap
10-24-2006, 10:52 PM
raise small PF and lead small on flop and wait for him to bluff.

even if he is on tilt he won't call an AI PF most likely.

CappyAA
10-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Ok, well villain did donk off and call with 77 (lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

What I'm worried about though is the flop came AJ5. With a hand like 77 or whatever, am I ever going to get paid off with any hand that doesn't have an A in it here?