PDA

View Full Version : Strange AK hand

CappyAA
10-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Ok, so my winrate really dropped over the last month and I think the main reason is that my W$SD was too low and I was calling down bets I probably shouldn't have, so I'm making a concious effort to get better at that. Here's a hand that got me earlier:

Full Tilt NL50 6max

Reads: Villain is 40/8.3/1.2 over 90 hands

Stacks: Hero - $115.60, Villain - $57.10

Hero is in BB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop: 4 folds, Villain calls, Hero raises to $2.00, Villain calls

Flop: ($3.80) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain bets $3.00, Hero raises to $9.00, Villain calls

Turn: ($20.90) T /images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain bets $10.00, Hero.....

The call of my raise and leading out on the turn really confused the hell out of me. What would you do (if different) if Hero had the A /images/graemlins/club.gif or K /images/graemlins/club.gif? What do you do on the turn if it is a non-club T?

Cappy

Vammakala
10-24-2006, 10:07 PM
That's the kinda play that confuses me too, but I think it might be a draw that just hit - or a blocker with something like KQ - maybe he hit KT even.

I think you can't raise the turn, but you can call it, see how he acts on the river. His aggression isn't too high and I don't think he'll bet the river too much - and with those stats, the bet sizing might be something like "anothr $10" on the river.

Having A/images/graemlins/club.gif or K/images/graemlins/club.gif wouldn't change my line, I would still call, I doubt you have much FE over this dude here so calling might earn you a cheaper showdown - TPTK isn't the nuts. If he has KT for instance, he (as relatively passive player) might be afraid to bet the river in fear of a flush.

Hard to say what river decision will be if he for instance pushes, since you'll be getting 2-to-1, but I think THEN it would be a fold.

pokerchap
10-24-2006, 10:15 PM
call the half pot turn. if he pots river it is usually a flush/ 2pr.

CappyAA
10-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Ok, so Hero calls the turn...

River ($39.90) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villain bets $20.00, Hero....

What do you do here? Wouldn't a call on the turn to fold to a blank river be spewing?

gir
10-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Yes. River call too and take notes. This hand might be lost (or won, who knows!) but the information you will gather on this single player could have some potential. Essentially this "what the hell does he half-pot bet the turn and river with".