PDA

View Full Version : FT NL cap games

Downrock
10-24-2006, 06:49 PM
This has probably been asked before, but has anyone tried these? How does the strategy change compared to regular games? Obviously its like everyone is playing shortstacked every hand. I'm guessing this causes people to gambling it up pretty good.

absoludicrous
10-24-2006, 07:10 PM
I've been playing the NL100 cap games, and notice their very soft, and easy. I play almost identical to my normal game, but limp small pocket pairs, and don't call as many raises with off suited broadways, and other hands that you would normally call with that have good implied odds.

ymu
10-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Howard Lederer has a brief article about how strategy changes in these on the fulltilt website. Can't remember if it goes into much depth - not a huge amount, for sure.

Never played them or thought much about them, so the following is just off the top of my head. I guess you'd need to use your FE early on while you still have any - once the pot gets big all draws have the odds to chase on the turn. With little to no implied odds if you hit, I guess you'd also want to make sure that you really do have the right odds to continue with a draw. I'd imagine sets getting flush draws to call for too high a price would be quite profitable. Small pockets and lower SCs might become unplayable for a large preflop reraise without the implied odds to hit.

CaucasianAsian29
10-24-2006, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing the NL100 cap games, and notice their very soft, and easy. I play almost identical to my normal game, but limp small pocket pairs, and don't call as many raises with off suited broadways, and other hands that you would normally call with that have good implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I always thought non cap would be much better, but if the play is alot softer I may give it a try and see how things go.

Do these games list differntly in Poker Tracker? Also does anyone have a large sample size playing these? I'm wondering if their winrate is much higher?

ymu
10-24-2006, 08:05 PM
I'd imagine, for low stakes, that a lot of the players that normally buy in for the minimum in non-cap games are attracted to these games. As most of these seem to have no idea how to play a shortstack, I'd expect them to be softer.

Downrock
10-25-2006, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Do these games list differntly in Poker Tracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

absoludicrous
10-25-2006, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do these games list differntly in Poker Tracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Delphin
10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
The correct strategy adjustments are the same as playing a shortstack since you can only bet 30 BBs on a hand. See the threads on Ed Miller's short stack strategy for more info.

IMO, the correct strategy for these games in mind-numbingly boring.