PDA

View Full Version : J/J gets into trouble... Do I fold here usually? 10NL

Rochus
10-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Villain is 34/11/1.5 over about 50 hands..

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $15.63
Rochus: $7.75
Villain: $12.40
SB: $4.00
BB: $10.03

Pre-flop: (5 players) Rochus is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, Rochus raises to $0.4, Villain calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.95, 3 players)
Villain checks, Rochus bets $1, Villain calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.95, 3 players)
Villain checks, Rochus bets $3, Villain raises to $6, Rochus calls all-in $3.35, Villain calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($15.65, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $15.65)

Results:
Final pot: $15.65

I've been having quite a cardrun and pushing the table around so I've been playing and raising a lot for my usual play (I was like 40/19/5, normally it's like 29/9/3) but just spend a lot of money 1 hand ago (like 6,5$ chasing a gutshot SFD + overcard). This was the first time I got any resistance and did not take the hand down on the flop/turn.
Two questions I want to ask for confirmation:

- I'm potcomitted on the turn so as played I played it ok?
- I fold this when we're deeperstacked (lets say 150bb) right?

Any other comments?

xwillience
10-24-2006, 06:39 PM
1) Reload

2) there is NO SUCH THING AS POT COMMITTED!!

3) I think you played it fine.

4) if you were deeper (200bb) you could might be able to fold witha good read or you might be able to call the c/r and call a medium sized bet on the river.

I have never played NL10 before, but i image that JJ is good here a lot of the time.

Antinome
10-24-2006, 07:05 PM
This looks like an exception to the Baluga Theorum, but maybe it isn't?

Rochus
10-25-2006, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2) there is NO SUCH THING AS POT COMMITTED!!

[/ QUOTE ]

How come there's no such thing as pot committed, I'm pushing half of my remaining stack in the pot on the turn where I'm pretty sure he will fold or I have him beat. He repops the turn is about the oposite of what I thought he would do so the alarm bells go off... Actually I think my turn bet is pretty bad because no matter what card comes on the river if he just calls, I'm gonna push all-in. Do you mean there isn't anything like potcomittedness in cashgames because you can always rebuy unlike in a tournement?

[ QUOTE ]
This looks like an exception to the Baluga Theorum, but maybe it isn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Baluga Theorem.. I've been reading the post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=660581 9&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=) but can someone explain to me what it exactly means. The way I get it it's just the fact that in some cases your one pair is good but sometimes it isn't based on the texture of the board/reads/how deep you are etc. And if so, why is this an exception to the Baluga Theorem?

Wolfram
10-25-2006, 05:27 AM
Nh. Played it fine.

Don't play short. And I think you are playing way to loose for these stakes. I used to play LAG too (at 50NL) and it really isn't as profitable as a decent TAG style (adjusted for 6max of course) with some changing of gears according to table dynamics. Old stats vere 30/20/2-ish and I got 3PTBB/100. Now I'm playing 25/15/2-ish and my winrate is 10PTBB/100.