PDA

View Full Version : what adjustments are necessary to play 6+ tables compared to 2?

Montezuma21
10-24-2006, 05:04 PM
i'm currently a winner at the FTP .25/.50 tables playing 2 tables but i seem to fall flat on my face whenever i add any more.

I tend to make a lot of reads and rely on them. here is an example: (i've got 1000 hands on this guy, usually i'm not that thorough, but am careful to note how ppl. play sets etc.) Of course i also use PT and have been improving my ability to read the play behind the numbers.

hates getting RRd
will stack off TPTK on paired boards
likes to call flop-bet turn with TPGK?
CB: always CBs v. one opponent
v agro from BTN (RRs A9s)
likes to RR PFR IP with air on dead boards

basically i'm asking what adjustments should someone make to mtt effectively?

xwillience
10-24-2006, 05:13 PM
bigger monitor.

the ability to focus more.

pokerchap
10-24-2006, 05:14 PM
i think it needs to be a very slow transition. from 2 to 3 then once u feel comfortable keep going!

kabouter
10-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Lol yeah I can only multitable 4, I really need one of those 24" monitors (got a 22" now, but can't resize the tables..)

netstorm
10-24-2006, 05:22 PM
dont go from 2 to 4 to 6 tables. Gradually add one table at a time. If you notice you timing out, or dont have enough time to think about a decision, get rid of one table again.

a bigger monitor isnt really necessary, I can play 8 tables on a 17" monitor just fine (but am saving for a 21" nonetheless, overlap sucks)

and Try to focus as much as possible, take regular breaks (I take one every hour)

Shaddux
10-24-2006, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bigger monitor.

the ability to focus more.

[/ QUOTE ]
The focusing part is most important.

I've 6-tabled on my laptop. Although a large monitor wouldn't hurt.

kabouter
10-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah I really can't play with tables overlapping eachother, I can play 6 tables on stars though thanks to the resizable ones. Playing 8 tables on a 17" that's kind of sick though, what about investing a bit of your BR for a bigger one, will prevent you from ruining your eyes /images/graemlins/wink.gif

But to the TS add 1 at a time, keep track of your winrate over a large sample too, to see if you aren't losing your game playing more tables at once...

netstorm
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I am saving up for an entire new computer and dual monitors, but thatll have to wait for a little more. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You can keep track of your winrate, but if it means that 4 tabling drops your winrate from 8ptbb/100 to 6ptbb/100 I would still 4table, given your higher hourly rate.

xwillience
10-24-2006, 06:29 PM
i 8 table NL25 Full Ring on Full Tilt on my laptop. which means crazy overlap. But thats only because im very confident in my post flop play at this level. once i get my BR back ill cut down on the tables as necessary.

BukNaked36
10-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I just tried going from 4-6 and it's messing me up. I laid out 5 pretty well on PS (4 corners & 1 in the center) and am going to run with that for a while.

4 seems slow to me now, but 6 is too much. 5 seems to be juussstt right.