PDA

View Full Version : Why can't this happen?

Mike Cuneo
10-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Why can't PokerStars open a site that takes bets on horse races, which is still LEGAL in the US? Then people can fund their accounts through their bank or Neteller or whatever. Then once money is in the horse betting site, simply let customers transfer it into Stars, then when they want to cash out, back to the Horse betting site to cash out?

This would be funny if it worked as it would really show the US gov't how hypocrytical, stupid, and clueless they are.

4_2_it
10-24-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't think the bill allows anyone to start taking bets on horse racing. I think it just exempts existing paramutuals and OTB locations from the law.

Somebody with more knowledge, please expand and correct me.

whangarei
10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the bill allows anyone to start taking bets on horse racing. I think it just exempts existing paramutuals and OTB locations from the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I recall Party's CEO saying during their conference call that they were thinking about offering horse racing to their US customers. Anyone else remember hearing this?

Peeker643
10-24-2006, 09:50 PM
This was a topic of conversation already I believe:
Party Horses
#7486902 - 09/30/06 11:52 AM

Sniper
10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I recall Party's CEO saying during their conference call that they were thinking about offering horse racing to their US customers. Anyone else remember hearing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

He did indeed say something along those lines...

dtan05
10-24-2006, 10:43 PM
lol loopholeaments