PDA

View Full Version : AK facing 3bet PF with position

wallywojo
10-24-2006, 10:26 AM
I have been working on picking up my aggression and my table image at this time was TAG. Villain in this hand was 26/10 so he could open with many hands here, but I had never seen him open minraise. Also, villain did like to play back at me, so he was definitely not weak-tight. One last important detail was this players Won at showdown % was 80, so needless to say pretty high.

One: What is your play?
Two: If you choose fold, what do you need to continue in this hand OR if you choose to continue what do you cutoff at for folding?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $63.45
UTG+1: $28.40
Hero: $57.10
Button: $20
SB: $55.40
BB: $48.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $28.4</font>, Hero ???

Lastly, I usually reraise to 4 and not 3, that was a mistype.

EDIT: Also, the previous hands I stole the blinds from the button. Actually had AQ, but this could be more info to help arrive at an answer.

Jay Riall
10-24-2006, 10:28 AM
This is a pretty meh spot. He has AA/KK sometimes here, but I think AK is usually the nuts against a shorty.

xwillience
10-24-2006, 10:30 AM
if you like variance, call. if not, dont. this is 88-JJ (QQ) a LOT.

homeslice
10-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Fold

4_2_it
10-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Doesn't matter what you do. This is probably very close to an EV neutral situation. Sometimes he has AA or KK balanced by when he has Ax or trash. Sometimes he has a PP and you are in a horse race.

In these situation I take into account what this hand will do for my table image. Since folding and calling are the same EV wise, why not use the situation to manipulate your table image.

(NOTE: I know table image is not very important at uNL, but at NL $100 and above, it definitely has an impact on villains. Learn good habits now, when it doesn't cost anything EV-wise.)