PDA

View Full Version : Poker Room Bonus

captain_swing
01-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Make a reload by February 5 and enter our special Super Bowl XL Deposit Challenge.

As usual, you will get an extra 10% reload bonus up to $100. But this time, you will get an additional 10% up to $100 if you pick the right Super Bowl team as winner.

Choose between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Seattle Seahawks and enter one of the reload codes below when depositing. Reload Terms & Conditions apply

Pittsburgh Steelers code: RSTEELERS
Seattle Seahawks code: RSEAHAWKS

Reload now and enter the challenge!

Who is favored to win anyway?

grouchie
01-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Steelers

lozen
01-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Ditto on steelers lets hope double bonus

Overdrive
01-30-2006, 08:58 PM
And remember, if you are playing limit at any level below 5/10 or so you are better off playing at another site WITHOUT a bonus than you are playing at Pokeroom or one of it's skins WITH a bonus. The rake there IS that brutal. Just keep this in mind sports fans.

TWINUNO
01-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Does that mean we can win earn up to 200?

kdog
01-30-2006, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And remember, if you are playing limit at any level below 5/10 or so you are better off playing at another site WITHOUT a bonus than you are playing at Pokeroom or one of it's skins WITH a bonus. The rake there IS that brutal. Just keep this in mind sports fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me how another site's rake structure is $.067/hand better than PokerRoom's at 2-4 ($/hand based on 10 pts/$).

Steve565
01-31-2006, 02:07 AM
Agree strongly, glad to see someone else talking about this.

The rake is very, very high. Watch some of the games and see how much money they take out. Taking $2 at $20 is a good way to break everyone.

I think the bonuses clear well, though, which still probably makes it worthwhile to play there when there's one of their many bonueses.

AltarBoyCHA
01-31-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure I understand how these rake calculations are being done.
It seems from my experience there that a 10x bonus is about 88% rakeback. that should be scaleable, since the rake taken is based on the big bet, and you can earn points up to the max rake. what am i missing?

RobDoral
01-31-2006, 12:14 PM
The average equivalent rakeback from the bonus is 70% at 10 pts. per $1 for full ring games but tighter players obviously do better than that. That figure comes from the .7 pts per $1 in rake ratio and with 10 players at a full ring game getting an equal amount of points if they are dealt cards.

The microlimit players get hit harder at PR and skins than the low and middle limit players because PR takes rake out pretty much any time there is a flop. The rake is also 10% in many cases (but .5 for a $5 pot at Party is also 10%, microlimit players are just going to get screwed). BUT the larger pots and the higher limits at PR actually get raked LESS than some poker rooms since the rake is capped at $3 for any given hand and usually a lot lower than this (I don't play many microlimit games but for example the rake is capped at .50 for O8 .5/1 games, and the pots can often get pretty big). I suck at O8 by the way, thus the microlimit play.

In my experience the rake IS a bit higher than elsewhere but not THAT much higher but I personally win at a higher rate on the PR skins than anywhere else so I don't really care (and it seems that there is ALWAYS a bonus to clear at one of the skins). Plus I actually LIKE the software. Just having the option of having a table NOT pop up when the action is to me saves me lots of misclicks.

If the consensus is that only an idiot would play on the PR network because of the rake, well, that's exactly who I prefer to play against.

captain_swing
01-31-2006, 01:12 PM
I think the key is to play full ring at PR. As people point out, you get the equivalent of 70% RB on the bonus if the game is 10-handed (and only 35% RB at the 5-handed tables, provided all 5 seats are taken). I think the game selection has been very bad there compared to other sites since the Eurobet bonus, at least at 3-6 and 5-10 full. So finding the idiots paying higher rake doesn't really seem to be working. My two cents.

lozen
01-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Been a little tight lately. But as long as your playing 3/6 or higher full table its ok

2+2 wannabe
01-31-2006, 07:38 PM
don't play 2/4 5-max there

1472 hands - $233.20 contributed rake for $100 bonus

almost 2 times as much rake as PokerStars

Boxpressed
02-01-2006, 03:48 PM
I've actually done a lot of work researching Poker Room's rake at 2/4 full ring, and I've written an article on it. I've posted a link to this on 2+2 before. You can find the article here (http://www.actionflop.com/article-online-rakes.htm).

My website has some advertising on it, so I just wanted to be up front about that--I don't want this reply to be misconstrued as spam.

I'm really interested to know if there are any flaws in my logic in the article.

RobDoral
02-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow. An excellent article. My win rate at PR is higher (despite the rake) than on PP and Stars so I'm sticking to it but I'll be more inclined to gripe about the rake now (I tend to play 3/6 and 5/10 where the added rake hurts less). I'm certainly never playing there without a bonus to clear.

If you don't mind I'm going to put a link to your article on another forum that I frequent. I'm a PR and skin supporter but I think players should have all the facts too.

All this reminds me of a quote from Army of Darkness:
She-devil: “You found me beautiful once.”
Ash: “Honey, you got real ugly!”

CalvinTy
02-02-2006, 09:31 AM
I am "new" to PR (joined almost 2 months ago but didn't play any ring games until last week to finish my $100 deposit bonus before it expired after 60 days, heh).

I have played at many sites, but it was the first experience at the Ongame network so I was curious about their rake methodology using a fraction of the big blind depending on pot size to take rake from.

As Boxpressed pointed out in his excellent article, when PR changed to this current method last fall, I easily observed that once a dealt hand goes to the flop, it gets raked. (In fact, in my VERY limited collection of 900 hands at 2/4 this past week, if PT is completelly accurate relying on the local PR database, only 1 hand did not get raked when seeing flop... and that is very puzzling, probably a database error.)

So I quickly would like to know how "First, Poker Room is now collecting a rake on 82% of all pots" is correct.... considering the PR's rake page says, "0.1 BB or
Max $0.50 for <4 Big Blinds" which suggests that once a flop is shown, rake is taken, period, hm?

In any case, with PR putting a lot of emphasis on "taking a maximum of $2 rake" at 2/4, I did wonder if it made a difference in comparison with other sites like Party and Stars. I realized it really didn't help PR at all because they are the worst of all. A pot only has to reach $20 to take that maximum $2 out, right? (0.4BB btwn 4 to 12 big blinds so 10 big blinds at 2/4 stakes with 1/2 blinds...?)

While at Party/Stars, the $2 rake doesn't reach until the pot is $40. Furthermore, at Party, the pot had to be at least $50 before the $2.50 rake would be taken out. Stars, as we all knew, are even better... at least $70 pot before the third dollar of rake is taken out.

I am having a good week at PR, all at 2/4 and up more than $100 in my own play and collecting $100 in bonus as well. But yep, while my winrate is good there, I only will play there with bonuses like this one even if it's at 10x, not at 7x (for 1st time deposits).

Really, rake aside, the bonus does clear fast at 2/4... as Boxpressed pointed out in his article, average rake (flop) is around $1.20-$1.25 so that is nearly 1 full Player Point per raked/flopped hand. 0.07 PP/$0.10 rake translates to 0.84 PP/$1.20 rake. So to do 700 PP for $100 deposit bonus, that is around 850-900 raked/flopped hands. Very doable... took me 3 nights of 4-tabling 2/4 for just 1 hour each, I think.

For this PR Superbowl bonus, if depositing $1K to maximize the $100 reload bonus, needing 1,000 PP... that is around 1,200 raked/flopped hands at 2/4. Not bad, really.

Sorry for babbling here... it's my trademark. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

* CalvinTy

Boxpressed
02-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Rob abd Calvin. And link away, Rob.

I like the AoD quotation, but I still find PR beautiful because it's so generous with reloads. While it will always make sense to play at Stars (at least 2/4) over PR without a bonus, ponder this: since the last week of October 2005, PR has offered $800 (with a chance for $900) in general bonuses, while Stars has offered $120 (although another is probably coming soon). During this span, even with the rake difference factored in, you're still almost $300 better off playing at PR with the bonuses.

TWINUNO
02-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Anyone now when these bonus will be released, the other 10% for picking the right team?

winchips
02-06-2006, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone now when these bonus will be released, the other 10% for picking the right team?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to ask the same thing....also:
is it 10% bonus added to account or 10% more and more playthrough required?

tehox
02-06-2006, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to ask the same thing....also:
is it 10% bonus added to account or 10% more and more playthrough required?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm think it's just an additional 10X bonus, so you have to play to clear it.

Death Valley
02-06-2006, 11:04 AM
When PokerRoom came out with their new rake structure there was a huge uproar in the "zoo". I play 90% of the time on a pokerroom skin and did the math.....
Turns out, that while the low stakes players are indeed getting shafted they had the LOWEST rake for 5-10NL and higher which are the games that concern ME.
Of course I also like the 40% RB, but even without it the rake was the lowest

So if you play a lot, take the time to run the numbers yourself for the game(s) you play, and dont accept blanket statements...

lozen
02-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Bonus is already there 1000 points to clear.

I am quite interested like Rob how the rake differs at 3/6 and 5/10 ? As thats were I mainly play and do better there than at Party. Also the reloads and pokah points bring me an extra $$'s also. I will play hollywood to clear there reloads and 20% rakeback