PDA

View Full Version : 50 nl kk situation pf

george w
10-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $70.95
Hero: $75.55
CO: $36.30
Button: $49
SB: $69.75
BB: $119.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $7</font>.

villain is a nit whom i feel i'm better than. his range is probably jj+,ak, maybe tt and aq. i can't call b/c i want the pot h/u and if i call CO may come along. but if i raise a signicant amount villain will most likely fold everything but aa/kk. i thought about a min reraise but that could set me up for a really tough spot on the flop oop.

Dave I
10-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Your OOP, just 4-bet and be happy if you take it down.

jonyy6788
10-24-2006, 12:34 AM
I reraise and probably go broke if he pushes. The major question is how does he perceive your raising range? Have you been a litlte LAG this session? That's one thing you have to look at when thinking about villian's reraises PF....are you being respected?

GLLM
10-24-2006, 02:03 AM
OOP Healthy reraise, Be happy to take it down or go broke to a push.

cheers

orange
10-24-2006, 03:11 AM
$24, shove any flop. If CO had not called, I would probably more inclined to just call and c/r ai on most flops.

ama0330
10-24-2006, 03:13 AM
4 bet it. I have actually gone broke with KK and lost to AA the last two times I've done this so I'm wary of his holding - do you have a read? Put it this way...you have to 4 bet it, but only fold to a push if you have a good read. In the cases I lost to AA, I had pretty good sample sizes on my opponents showing them to be tight, which I should have noticed.

mattnxtc
10-24-2006, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$24, shove any flop. If CO had not called, I would probably more inclined to just call and c/r ai on most flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only problem with a bet of 24 is if the button does have aces ur are committed to callin the last 12 almost always...not saying its good or bad just whats will likely happen.

a read on the co would be helpful as i woudl love to c/r any nonace flop. Your raise was just a standard raise so the buttons holdings are probably wider then if you made a big initial raise. I do think at least 20 is a good bet though

GtrHtr
10-24-2006, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the only problem with a bet of 24 is if the button does have aces ur are committed to callin the last 12 almost always...not saying its good or bad just whats will likely happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really don't think like this do you?

xwillience
10-24-2006, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eof
10-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Hrm.. i'm not so sure about about the necessary reraise here OOP, i don't think its such a terrible thing to have the CO if in the hand against a disguised KK. if you reraise to 31 you're calling a push and getting pushed probably only by AA. if you are sure he is going to Cbet regardless of flop i think calling here is great, but pushing is good.. (i prefer pushing to a big reraise since it's essentially the same thing if he calls/reraises)

4_2_it
10-24-2006, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

OP - Stacks are not big enough to do anything else.

wallywojo
10-24-2006, 11:00 AM
What about flat calling his raise and planning a big c/r on any flop without an ace? If CO calls, pot will be 21.75 and we can c/r shove. If not, pot is 14.75 and we can still get a nice cbet from villain if they choose to get away from our c/r.

We have the second best hand, if he has Aces we are probably going broke here anyways. CO will be getting in the hand with something we are ahead so are we scared of being outdrawn?

george w
10-24-2006, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about flat calling his raise and planning a big c/r on any flop without an ace? If CO calls, pot will be 21.75 and we can c/r shove. If not, pot is 14.75 and we can still get a nice cbet from villain if they choose to get away from our c/r.

We have the second best hand, if he has Aces we are probably going broke here anyways. CO will be getting in the hand with something we are ahead so are we scared of being outdrawn?

[/ QUOTE ]

no point in letting CO in with a random hand for a chance to bust me for cheap. if i just call i have no clue what CO has and there will be a huge pot that i'll be looking to get it in with. CO is unlikely to go broke with something i beat because of all the pf action.

Delphin
10-24-2006, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$24, shove any flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, true.

kurto
10-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm one of the few people who have advocated occasionally folding kings pf... that being said, its literally been the kind of thing that happens once every six months.

Lately, I've been finding a trend (small sample size, certainly, but I've noticed it) of people reraising much lighter then before. (and I play full ring, so 6 max would be even more so, theoretically) I've been seeing pf pushes or people calling pushes with PPs as low as 66 and people seem more willing to get AK all in preflop for a full stack.

Honestly, the only time I would ever consider folding kings preflop is when 1 nit raises preflop and another nit (I'm talking people with stats like 9%/2%) reraises him and a third tight person pushes (and I have seen this)

But I don't know why things seemed to have changed but there's a lot more people reraising and/or pushing subpar hands. Even people with very conservative PT stats seem to be getting aggressive with very odd choices (KQsuited is the new Aces!)

mattnxtc
10-24-2006, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and its an obvious situation...ur betting the 24 knowing that if he calls ur almost always calling the next 12..so play that accordingly..i am not saying its a bad situation and im not saying we expect to see aces everytime...but yes if you bet 24 you have to expect that if he calls ur facing the last 12 either preflop or on the flop

wallywojo
10-24-2006, 05:37 PM
I see what you are saying about the random hand thing, but they are not getting in for cheap, to see the flop they must put in 14 BB.