PDA

View Full Version : NL25, KK too aggressive?

jdefoe
10-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($25.94)
Hero ($25.60)
UTG ($12.35)
MP ($39.10)
CO ($25.55)
Button ($29.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4.04</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $7.54

Yaboosh
10-23-2006, 11:30 PM
If by too aggressive you mean too weak-tight, yes.

Icky fold.

Pokey
10-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Let's see....

Straights? None.
Flushes? None.
Overcards? None.

You raised preflop in a blind-vs-blind scenario with KK, villain called the bet, and then check-raised you on a safe board. That's a nice time to three-bet all-in if you're feeling nervous. If you've got a pair you could smooth-call and then raise any turn bet all-in. If you're REALLY confident in your ability relative to your opponent, and if your opponent's turn bet was reasonably small, then you could smooth-call THAT bet and plan to raise any river bet all-in.

Of the available choices, I like pushing the turn the best. If he's got 77, you just lose, but he's got Q9 often enough that getting all the money in the middle in this hand is super-duper unbelieveably +EV.

Yaboosh
10-24-2006, 12:31 AM
I just noticed that the converter messed up. Ignore my post.

BigBadBabar
10-24-2006, 01:15 AM
gosh, i push on the flop sometimes and wait for a safe turn to push sometimes, and if the villain is pretty solid i might call down or something

bbb

gimmetheloot
10-24-2006, 02:07 AM
im calling and shoving over anything but a 9/A on turn.

Jay2u
10-24-2006, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4.04</font>, SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you meant Hero folds.

What've we got here? A checkraise for a very strange amount ($4.04), no further reads...

It would be very reasonable to put him on a set or overpair (TT-QQ, KK's and AA's reraise PF).

Phil Gordon says he first considers raising, then folding, then calling.

Raising (push): overpairs may fold, but sets are sure callers/raisers.
Fold: we may very wel have the best hand, but we are checkraised for a very strange amount. Sorry I come back to that, but it's the only read/tell we've got to work with. That amount is hand typed. If villain looses, he will not have the 4 cents in his stack. Considering that he wins, he'll have 8 cents in his stack. We all like round numbers, which would make me believe that villain is expecting to loose. On the other hand, he might think we think he's expecting to loose...
Calling is the worst option for Phil, unless raising and folding are unclear as is the case.

But when we call, what do we do on the turn/river if we don't improve? IMO it depends on what the SB does. I would probably fold the turn for a descent bet.

J.

Jigsaws
10-24-2006, 02:29 AM
I think the converter messed up and that Hero pushed the flop, SB folded. If so, nh, though I often tend to smoothcall and push the turn.

gimmetheloot
10-24-2006, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the converter messed up and that Hero pushed the flop, SB folded. If so, nh, though I often tend to smoothcall and push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure thats what happened.

jdefoe
10-24-2006, 03:51 PM
I pushed, he folded, thats what i did, thats why i wondered if i was too aggressive

kurto
10-24-2006, 04:10 PM
I think that's too aggressive. You will usually only be called by hands that beat you.

I prefer to get more money in on the turn.