PDA

View Full Version : AJs, NFD and overcard on paired board, push?

Vammakala
10-23-2006, 10:25 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (3 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Button ($46.30)
SB ($105.70)
Hero ($64.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls $0.50, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, Button calls $2.50, SB folds.

Flop: ($6.50) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $61.35</font>

How standard is this line. The villain has been in fairly many pots but this far haven't been in showdown with weird crap or anything and I have no reason to believe he's a total station. There's no real statistical info on him yet, just a few hands.

What points could be made to decide whether to push or just to call and do you think pushing generally without a strong read is good or bad on this level?

kaz2107
10-23-2006, 11:42 PM
looks ok to me. we have to have a decent amount of FE here with the limp call. i would assume villian has something like KJ or KQ or a poketpair here and doesnt wanna believe ur cbet. assuming no read that this guys is a monsterous call box this play looks fine

Jigsaws
10-24-2006, 02:37 AM
I dunno... I think he has a 9 a lot here with the limp-call, and he's never folding it. I think we can fold out KQ/KJ, and that's it. Pocket pairs are less likely, IMO. In general I see them calling, rather than raising your flop bet.

gimmetheloot
10-24-2006, 02:41 AM
doubt we fold out KQ. KJ/KT, probably. OP, I am not too sure about this one. Ill think on it a little and get back.

orange
10-24-2006, 03:10 AM
Just call the miniraise.

mattnxtc
10-24-2006, 04:02 AM
we may not have the 9 clean flush draw outs if he has 9x..i dont see a reason to get aggressive on this kind of flop where we are likely to be drawing only to the flush. At the very most you have 3 overs and I wouldnt even give credit for 3 at this point

Vammakala
10-24-2006, 07:22 AM
I think automatically assuming he has a nine when you get raised is taking it a bit far, but granted - that's what he COULD have here.

The question should've been, moreso whether pushing has enough FE against KQ/KJ type of hands.

Just calling this would've been smart in this particular occasion and probably often is at these stakes where top pair is the nuts. It's the low variance choise also. I'm guessing having two overcards would make this move a bit better as well, but that's quire hard on the board in question.

He insta-called with KQ. :[

matrix
10-24-2006, 08:50 AM
I think this depends on the villain.

Is he the scared type who shuts down if the flush hits?

Will he stack off with TP if the board is 3flush?

Will he let us draw cheap?

Is he capable of folding TP?

figure out the answers to these questions and what to do is simple. Vs a semi-unknown donk I doubt we have FE vs a K here at these limits.