PDA

View Full Version : QQ play

pureCra2z
10-23-2006, 09:45 AM
*I've been in the table for around 3 orbits and have only shown showdown winning allin hands(AA,KK twice). (i was getting ridiculous cards)

No read on Villan. But havent seem him out of line.
Given that I have only shown AA,KK, is this an easy fold? call and c/f? easy push?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) handconverter.com (http://www.handconverter.com)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($44.75)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($147.75)</font>
UTG+1 ($51.15)
<font color="#C00000">MP1 ($49)</font>
MP2 ($83.75)
CO ($57.80)
Button ($44.50)
SB ($36.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $3, MP2 calls $3, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($9.75) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $20</font>, MP2 folds, Hero ???

Another question: I have only played 10k hands of NL cash game online. I have about 200k limit hands. I see a lot of people calling 3xBB+ raise with small PP(22~66,77maybe) and i see big raises with 77~99 OOP. Is this standard in NL? So how should i be playing small PP.

How good are AQo, AJs, AJo in NL?

robinmbuk
10-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Villian could be doing this with 88-JJ thiking he's ahead with his overpair, but he could also well have a set here, so it's probably a fold without reads. If you think he'd do this with 88-JJ then reraise allin on the flop - villian will call with 88-JJ as he is virtualy pot commited now.

[ QUOTE ]
Another question: I have only played 10k hands of NL cash game online. I have about 200k limit hands. I see a lot of people calling 3xBB+ raise with small PP(22~66,77maybe) and i see big raises with 77~99 OOP. Is this standard in NL? So how should i be playing small PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played slightly fewer NL hands than you, but I do know that calling any raise that is ~10% of effective stack sizes with any pocket pair is standard. You're 7.5 to 1 to hit a set on the flop, but you have massive implied odds to stack villian if he has AA/KK/QQ/JJ on a 982 rainbow flop and you have pocket deuces. However say villian is shortstacked with $25 and raises to $5 pf you should fold your pocket pair unless you think you can beat villian with it without improving to set - your implied odds are no longer good enough.

[ QUOTE ]
How good are AQo, AJs, AJo in NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't really give a straight answer to this, it depends upon the action at the table and the villians involved. Some ppl here reraise pf with AQ as standard, I rarely do. I would raise with AQ from any position if the pot wasn;t already rasied, and I'd raise with AJ from middle or late position if I was opening the pot. If the table is somewhat passive I would limp from early position with AJ, as there is unlikely to be a raise, but would fold this hand in ep on an aggressive table. I think you have to fold AQ to a reraise pf, and if there is a raise ahead of you either reraise or fold (e.g. fold to UTG raise from a TAG, reraise a middle/late position raise from a LAG).

Vammakala
10-23-2006, 10:42 AM
You some higher level fixed player or why you startin' with NL50?

Good opening raise is 4 BB + 1 BB/Limper in front. Use the 5 to 10 rule to determine whether to call a raise with PP. Less than 5% of the effective stacks and it's automatic call, more than 10% and it's a fold, anything between it's a gray zone.

Hands like AQ and AJ are fine but not worth calling reraises preflop (usually). In NL, you generally want more than just one pair to get your stack in the middle.

Judging from the colorings of the names in your hand, you pushed and he called with a set? Minraises are often something very good OR sometimes they're a draw. On this particular board, it could very easily be a flushdraw. ALSO on this kind of board, it could be 88/99/TT/JJ, these people Maybe even 66. These people don't get away from those hands so I don't have a problem with reraise in this spot. If you just call, pot is $50 on turn and the munies are prolly goin' in, no matter what.