PDA

View Full Version : Two T9s hands line check...

VorShot
10-23-2006, 01:11 AM
<font color="blue"> Any thoughts on each street, or a comment on my thought process on any street.
Two different hands with T9s, and i don't like how i played either, so please feel free to tell me why.
</font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
VorShot: $10
UTG+1: $3.35
CO: $6.55
Button: $11.45
SB: $7.05
BB: $6.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) VorShot is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises to $0.4</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.
<font color="blue"> I think for a hand like T9s, i shouldn't be raising it UTG with three people to act behind me.I'm asking to get called and have to play this hand OOP. </font>

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.95, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $0.9</font>, CO calls.
<font color="blue"> I missed, but i still like how i played this street here. A pot size bet is how i'd play a big hand right here, so if this hand goes to showdown, that'll help me get a good hand payed. </font>

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.75, 2 players)
VorShot checks, CO checks.
<font color="blue"> So i got called on the flop, i'm OOP, and even though i hit a pair of nines, i'm not feeling to good about my hand. I decide to go ahead and turn over the hand here to a bet. </font>

River: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $1</font>
<font color="blue"> The turn got checked through...
So is it possible he had a draw? The river was certainly a blank for any draw that would have been behind, so i decide to fire out a smallish bet. If he had a draw, it is possible that i'm ahead, and i don't want him to bluff a missed draw, so i figure throw a bet out here.

Is that a good move? Bad move? </font>

<font color="red"> ANOTHER T9s hand,
ANOTHER table. </font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $13.60
UTG+1: $8.75
CO: $16.25
Button: $4.75
SB: $1.30
VorShot: $10

Pre-flop: (6 players) VorShot is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, VorShot checks.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.4, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $0.2</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, SB calls.
<font color="blue"> Holy crap, i checked the BB right into the nuts. It's like a gift from the poker gods. So the pot is a whopping .40 right now.
Half pot? Why did i bet half pot? What SHOULD i have bet? .30? .40? I really don't like my smallish bet...then again, since no one did more then limp, is half pot right on track? </font>

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $1</font>...
<font color="blue"> Ok, so now there is a house possible, so i lead right out with a pot sized bet. Should i have bet smaller here? Does a pot size bet do exactly what i don't want? (Scare off worse hands, better hands stay?) </font>

wake_up
10-23-2006, 01:20 AM
First hand is good until the river. I'd check and call up to $2 hoping to pick off a bluff from a spade draw.

Second hand: pot the flop and pot the turn I'd say you're still in front here a vast majority of the time and SB only has $1 left anyway so there's not much to say.

VorShot
10-23-2006, 01:30 AM
UTG who is next to act is still in the hand, and he has me covered, so the hand is still live.

wake_up
10-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Duh. Sorry.
I'd still pot it and see what happens.

VorShot
10-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Ok, so say i pot the turn and get called here by UTG who i'm OOP to. (Let's say the river is a brick, so we fire another bet? 3/4ths pot maybe here?

wake_up
10-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Depends what you mean by "brick". There is no FD possible. Do you mean the if board doesn't pair again? Anyway, if you get called, UTG probably has a FH, an overpair or A8/89/78/45. Anyway, I'm more than happy to lose my stack here on the river if it's not another 8 or 7.

DeuceSeven
10-23-2006, 01:45 AM
First off it's nice seein a fellow .05/.10 6 max player. I raise with these hands on a occasion, even in ep. The reason I do this is to be unpredictable. I almost always limp with it in any position.

Reads would be nice.

Hand 1:
Preflop- fine

flop - fine

turn - make another 2/3 to pot sized bet, chances are villain is on a draw or has an underpair to your 9s.

river - check it down/ call a small bet. Villain will call you most of the time with a better hand. A bet probably isn't horrible here either.

Hand 2:

flop- fine

turn- basically fine, again reads would be nice. I'm pretty aggressive after the flop in many hands, especially if I sense weakness and bet the same (2/3 the pot) for the most part whether I got it or not. I often get called a bully LOL. A pot sized bet will still keep someone with a 9 or 5 around at these stakes.