PDA

View Full Version : Pair + FD line check ($10NL)

wake_up
10-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Villain in this hand is pretty bad (79/13/1.6), but this is standard, right? Given villain's stats, I don't think I can really give him a range.

(NOTE: My FE is probably lower than normal since I had been bullying the table)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

SB ($13)
Hero ($22.15)
UTG ($3.90)
UTG+1 ($10.30)
MP1 ($7.90)
MP2 ($12.80)
MP3 ($5.80)
CO ($14.80)
Button ($1.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, SB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.80) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21.75</font>

ColdSteel
10-23-2006, 12:19 AM
You'll get a lot of responses saying, "nh," and this is certianly +EV. b3bai is teh 2+2 certified line here.

But I think it's sub-optimal. Note I didn't say bad or -EV. Suboptimal. Why? Because I think the opponent has an Ace a high percentage of the time, and when he does your push has much less FE. You look like you're on a draw. Aces will call.

However we can't just call, because if a club comes it will kill our action. I think you're deep wnough to make a PSR here. If you do and you turn the club and push then, the opponent will think you mightnot have the clubs, and he'll make the call frequently.

wake_up
10-23-2006, 12:26 AM
OK I agree that pushing screams a FD, but what do you do if a club doesn't hit the turn?

Also, are we more likely to get a call from a slowplayed KK,JJ,TT if our push looks like a FD therefore making it a higher EV move?

ZingyDNA
10-23-2006, 12:27 AM
BAd push. You want hopeless hands like a lower fd to call you. Overbets are rarely a correct play no matter what you have.

IceMuncher
10-23-2006, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You'll get a lot of responses saying, "nh," and this is certianly +EV. b3bai is teh 2+2 certified line here.

But I think it's sub-optimal. Note I didn't say bad or -EV. Suboptimal. Why? Because I think the opponent has an Ace a high percentage of the time, and when he does your push has much less FE. You look like you're on a draw. Aces will call.

However we can't just call, because if a club comes it will kill our action. I think you're deep wnough to make a PSR here. If you do and you turn the club and push then, the opponent will think you mightnot have the clubs, and he'll make the call frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you make the PSR, and he pushes on a turn card that doesn't help you?

ColdSteel
10-23-2006, 01:18 AM
To reply to the follow-up questions.

If you PSR like I suggest &amp; get called, the turn bricks and...

1) Villan checks: check behind. No point getting your money in bad here without FE.
2) Villan pushes: fold, depending on pot odds. If you're getting 4:1 or better, call.