PDA

View Full Version : NL25- 6max- Turn: Fold 2 pair?

SwingVelvet
10-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Villain is TAG, 26/15/2.4
STACKS: He has 100 bb's and I have him covered.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.95, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, SB calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.95, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.95</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $9.9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ???</font>

wake_up
10-23-2006, 12:17 AM
I think this is pretty close, and I don't really put him on a draw here. He either has 2 pair or a set most of the time, so you're probably behind his range. I don't see the point in calling since he's probably putting the rest of the money in on the river. Fold.

lippy
10-23-2006, 12:44 AM
There is value in calling if he checks behind on the river, which he won't do.

I fold this, but I don't want to play for stacks on this board.

DeuceSeven
10-23-2006, 01:21 AM
As played calling getting 4:1 on your money isn't completely horrible. I think you made a few mistakes here.

1. Make a pot sized bet on the flop. There are alot of draws on the board.

2. Check/call a small bet on the turn. If he was on a straight draw, it got there. If he pots the turn, I probably fold. I definitely check the turn, on these boards, I want a small pot with a weak hand, which this is on this board, so maybe I can check/call it down unless I improve.

What's your table image, that helps alot too.

Chaos_ult
10-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Checking the turn is bad on this board.

I play it the same and call turn, and call a half potish sized river bet

DeuceSeven
10-23-2006, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Checking the turn is bad on this board.

I play it the same and call turn, and call a half potish sized river bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it bad? This guy is TAG. What did he call with on the flop and what are you beating on the turn? OP's hand just got worse. We've only invested ~$2 and have position. Villain called with something on the flop. He might already have the hand won or is now winning. I'd rather play the hand cheaper here, giving OP the chance to pick up a river bluff or call down cheaper.

Sir Winalot
10-23-2006, 02:30 AM
I think c/c turn and re-evaluate river sounds like a plan. The board just got really messy and this is a tough spot to be against a TAG. I prolly fold to the minraise on turn as we're commited to call whatever he bets on river and probably beat since the flop. I just can't think of many worse hands raising here. Maybe QJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif or JT but I doubt he has those.