PDA

View Full Version : When to limp in from the small blind?

jayknitter
01-02-2006, 02:36 PM
What sort of hands should I be playing when there are several limpers and I'm in the small blind? Sometimes I find just calling to hard to pass up! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Reviewing my play in poker tracker, I'm calling the small blind with almost anything if there are only limpers in so far. That obviously seems pretty loose, and I've lost more money in the small blind than any other position by far.

So, what are your starting requirements in the small blind when there are just limpers (lets say 2 or more) in the pot so far?

Thanks!

stu-unger
01-02-2006, 02:42 PM
i still have trouble w/ this too, but heres my limp range.

Ax, Kxs, PPs, scs, connectors 56-89, and obviously anything premium i will play, but i usually would raise w/ that...

jayknitter
01-02-2006, 04:56 PM
How about the small poket pairs 44-22? Is it worth it just to see if you flop a set and flod immediately if you don't? Thats pretty much what I've been doing...

I'm going to try limping with PPs, Axs, Kxs, nothing lower than AT (unsuited) or KT (unsuited), scs, and connectors no lower than 56. Sound resonable?

Isura
01-02-2006, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about the small poket pairs 44-22? Is it worth it just to see if you flop a set and flod immediately if you don't? Thats pretty much what I've been doing...

I'm going to try limping with PPs, Axs, Kxs, nothing lower than AT (unsuited) or KT (unsuited), scs, and connectors no lower than 56. Sound resonable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely call with the small pairs 22-55. The rest of your range sounds good. Just be careful with Kxs, it makes a very good second best hand. I also limp all T-A combos, but these are tricky, so probably don't lose much by folding them 9at full ring atleast).