PDA

View Full Version : I played this AA goot right?

HumanACtor
10-22-2006, 10:54 PM
NO reads on villain.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $128.65
Hero: $46.25
CO: $18.50
Button: $15.15
SB: $123.03
BB: $103.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $10</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($25.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $16</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $16 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: $25.75

theUltimateHero
10-22-2006, 11:02 PM
i r/r this flop every time... i think a fold is weak on that flop/turn

pokerchap
10-22-2006, 11:04 PM
yeah you played it goot. make it 7 PF. it is only going to make you more money.

HumanACtor
10-22-2006, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i r/r this flop every time... i think a fold is weak on that flop/turn

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you push AI this flop every time?

Art Vandalay
10-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Stack it on the flop. There are a few hands that villain could have that have you beat, 98, JT, JJ, TT, 77, but most of the time he wont have these hands, and you gotta get your money in. Ill actually see a lot of flush and straight draws here.

theUltimateHero
10-22-2006, 11:18 PM
yeah, i wouldnt flat shove 45 on the flop but i raise to ~25 and shove any turn... i get as much money in as possible on that flop with AA

HumanACtor
10-22-2006, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stack it on the flop. There are a few hands that villain could have that have you beat, 98, JT, JJ, TT, 77, but most of the time he wont have these hands, and you gotta get your money in. Ill actually see a lot of flush and straight draws here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you and others feel that typical micro villains will slowplay these most of the time as well, rather than minraising?

lippy
10-22-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't understand this play at all. What are you afraid of? If he has a set, JT or 89, so be it.

testaaja
10-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Believe me villains do this with all crappy holdings. I shove flop. (although the min-cr is pretty scary).

HumanACtor
10-22-2006, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this play at all. What are you afraid of?

[/ QUOTE ]

A checkraise followed by a big turn bet that seems to rep something better than a single pair.

Yaboosh
10-22-2006, 11:59 PM
I really think he does this often with AJ/KJ/QJ.

DeuceSeven
10-23-2006, 12:55 AM
With no reads, good fold. Obviously if its some dummy you shove the flop. With no reads and villain has a big stack, I'm leaning towards him knowing what he's doing until he proves me otherwise.

These types of situations, I like to have a decent read before I put my stack at risk here.

HumanACtor
10-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Ok, thanks for the responses, though my question still appears to be up in the air, I'd like to add two more questions...

After 120 hands or so, villain appears to be a donk and has stats (no kidding) 70/35/9, but still no specific reads due to a dearth of showdowns.

With those PT Stats handy at the original decision, what is the optimal play?

Again, given the above situation of the given PT stats yet no specific reads, but this time we both have stacks of 250BB's. Now what is our line?

AZplaya
10-23-2006, 01:40 AM
1. Given the donkish stats I am inclined to get all of my cash in on the flop, he may have you beat, but I think you are waaaaay ahead of a 70/35's range here.
2. I would try to control the pot being this deep.

DeuceSeven
10-23-2006, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks for the responses, though my question still appears to be up in the air, I'd like to add two more questions...

After 120 hands or so, villain appears to be a donk and has stats (no kidding) 70/35/9, but still no specific reads due to a dearth of showdowns.

With those PT Stats handy at the original decision, what is the optimal play?

Again, given the above situation of the given PT stats yet no specific reads, but this time we both have stacks of 250BB's. Now what is our line?

[/ QUOTE ]

PT stats are great, I think they're important but I like to see what type of hands this guy check raises and bets with and how often. If you don't have any reads after 120 hands, I don't know what to tell you.

1)I guess if he constantly check raises, just shove the flop with that heavy of a draw board. On a less draw heavy board, you slow play.

2) I still check/fold the turn. If villain is the type to call off his stack with weak hands, why not wait with a better hand/board?

Sir Winalot
10-23-2006, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah you played it goot. make it 7 PF . it is only going to make you more money.

[/ QUOTE ]
What the hell?

3-bet flop all-in or bet/call flop and raise AI turn are both good here but I wouldn't fold. In case 1 I would just 3-bet flop all-in and in case 2 I'd try to keep the pot small and I think c/c down is best.

Brian O'Nolan
10-23-2006, 02:27 AM
I think you see 2 pair a lot here, and sometimes better. I feel like when I've shown strength on multiple streets and get minraised it's a big hand more often than a draw at this level. Whereas if, say, pf is limped me in the BB w/ QTo, flop is Ts9s5c, I lead pot and get minraised by the button- this minraise seems to be a draw more often than when I've raised pf and bet the flop. I think with no read this is a fold.