PDA

View Full Version : $25nl 3 to flush on the turn

demon102
10-22-2006, 09:23 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($24.40)
MP2 ($14.40)
CO ($21.20)
Button ($17.20)
Hero ($27.05)
BB ($5.95)
UTG ($23.85)
UTG+1 ($18.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.55</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $1.05.

Flop: ($3.60) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.25</font>, CO calls $2.25.

Turn: ($8.10) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $12.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $26.85

well I coulda checked on the turn but I feel like then I wouldnt know what the guys has. With his raise I know Im beat. What do u guys think I shoulda done here?

Vammakala
10-22-2006, 09:35 PM
This is why being OOP is so annoying. Also why I would just call most of the time instead of reraise in this spot. From position, RR is ok. But when these guys put a penny in the pot, they're not folding.

bozlax
10-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Any reads on UTG or CO? Why 3-bet the preflop minraise? What's the justification for your bet sizes on the flop and the turn?

fwiw, it looks to me like you botched all 3 streets you played. Don't pf3, make your flop bet bigger, make your turn bet, if you make one (just c/f against a straigforward opponent), smaller.

Xanta
10-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Grunch

This is a pretty ugly spot. I'm awful at playing AK and AQ OOP, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think the bet/fold was a pretty good line here.

I would rather you bet the pot on the flop because of how drawy the board was, or does this just build a big pot OOP which we don't want?

With the turn, had you checked, I think just about all of villains range would bet here because a fantastic scare card just fell. However, the villain raised preflop and called your 3-bet. He has a hand better than AQ a lot here, with a bunch of 2-pairs and combo draws popping up a lot I think.

Is a check/fold on the turn weak tight? I just can't think of that many hands he would play that way that we now beat.

pokerchap
10-22-2006, 11:06 PM
i think you should just c/f or c/c. call about 1/2 pot.

demon102
10-23-2006, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any reads on UTG or CO? Why 3-bet the preflop minraise? What's the justification for your bet sizes on the flop and the turn?

fwiw, it looks to me like you botched all 3 streets you played. Don't pf3, make your flop bet bigger, make your turn bet, if you make one (just c/f against a straigforward opponent), smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I want to get hu so I can c-bet the flop even if I miss and most times will take the pot. His minraise doesnt define his hand and could have done this with a vary wide range of hands, so Id like to know where I am at. I do agree with u though that I shoulda bet the pot with such a drawy board. Even though Im out of position I think that If I dont play my hand strong then I lose value.

Panthro
10-23-2006, 02:27 AM
If you're gonna raise PF, raise much more than usual out of the blinds -- it's in your best interest to win it PF or on the flop with a pot sized bet. A PF call would have been fine also as there's very little fold equity in 25NL. Other than that well played.

Sir Winalot
10-23-2006, 02:35 AM
2 preflop and pot flop. I think c/f is pretty good here as everything just got there: flush, T9 and KQ. However, I don't think your line is horrible but I don't like to put any money in the pot as I don't think any better hands will fold here or worse hands call.