PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6m: TP2K gets pushed into on the turn

Jigsaws
10-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Villain unknown, unfortunately (the hand would've been really easy had I known his stats).

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50
UTG+1: $48.75
Hero: $51.25
Button: $44.25
SB: $60
BB: $30

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Standard would be to raise the flop, not sure why I didn't.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($18, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $52.5</font>, Hero ????

This push just doesn't make any sense. A blank comes rolling off (unless he has exactly 45 or A2) and he still open shoves. Is this ever a monster? Do I call or fold?

xwillience
10-22-2006, 08:20 PM
you needed to have raised the flop.

but, as i read this i think fold. in the hand I might play it differently depending on the feel of the hand. Also, with AK i think im more inclined to call.

pokerchap
10-22-2006, 08:30 PM
pretty easy fold. I can't imagine what you are beating. I also can't imagine what SB is pushing with though?

xwillience
10-22-2006, 08:41 PM
thats the thing, we dont have enough information to play this correctly. all we can do is make an educated guess.

Villain smooth called preflop. lead the flop for 2/3 PSB. and Open pushed the turn. hes either 1) FOS, or 2) not afraid of anything (remote possibility = hes retarded). if we arent ahead right now, we are more than likely drawing dead.

a set is possible and so is a str8 as well as AK. we have to fold.