PDA

View Full Version : Even number gravitation

Coffee
01-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Right now...my bankroll is $4k...exactly $4k. I feel strangely comforted by this, despite it being -700 from my peak. But now...I'm not really motivated to play, because my BR is such a nice, round number.

When I'm playing online or live, I tend to even out my stack, too. I'll throw a couple of dollars to the dealer just so I don't have those blasted white chips(I play red chips mostly).

I'm not sure what this all means, other than I sound like the Adrian Monk of poker...but does anyone else do anything like this?

Meeler09
01-30-2006, 01:09 PM
I do the exact same thing and I don't know why.. I even donked around in a Stars .10 cent buy in tourney to even off my roll..

_TKO_
01-30-2006, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll throw a couple of dollars to the dealer just so I don't have those blasted white chips(I play red chips mostly).

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 5-10 live, and I fell into the habit of only bringing reds to the cashier, leaving my pinks ($2.50) and whites in the dealer's box. It doesn't really have to do with having an even stack though: surplus pinks and whites turn into coins, which I can't deposit into the bank.

Bang584
01-30-2006, 05:37 PM
sometimes when i notice i'm winning a nice even amount i feel compelled to quit. i usually won't though, unless i feel i'm either not that big of a favorite in the game or not a favorite at all.