PDA

View Full Version : TT UTG: how's this line?

ajmargarine
10-22-2006, 03:05 AM
PFR bigger because of CO posting. Villian is a bit loose, but seems OK. Comments welcome.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $118.50
UTG+1: $49
CO: $19.50
Button: $58.25
SB: $19.45
BB: $136.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG+1 calls, 4 folds.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $17</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($40.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $29</font>...

Turn bet puts him all-in.

EMc
10-22-2006, 03:09 AM
AJ,

You mean turn bet puts him all in or that you intend to put him AI on river?

orange
10-22-2006, 03:12 AM
Looks fine given flop play.

ajmargarine
10-22-2006, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AJ,

You mean turn bet puts him all in or that you intend to put him AI on river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed.

ajmargarine
10-22-2006, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the table, I'm thinking, push any non-diamond turn. Now, I'm thinking push a diamond turn too. Or any turn for that matter.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

NSchandler
10-22-2006, 03:17 AM
Why not 3-bet AI on flop?

orange
10-22-2006, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the table, I'm thinking, push any non-diamond turn. Now, I'm thinking push a diamond turn too. Or any turn for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, the only problem with shoving a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif turn is that I'm not so sure many /images/graemlins/diamond.gif calls us that we beat.

ajmargarine
10-22-2006, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, the only problem with shoving a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif turn is that I'm not so sure many /images/graemlins/diamond.gif calls us that we beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is correct and it is a problem. This hand has me befuddled. He's got 3 classes of hands.

1. AdXx which is of course what I put him on.
2. Made flush. Probably rarest.
3. pp. Well 88-AA are all beating me.

Is folding to the flop raise too weak?

EMc
10-22-2006, 03:24 AM
AJ,

If you are pushing any turn, why not push the flop were you can maximize FE if you think you are behind?

kaz2107
10-22-2006, 04:01 AM
i think i take the weak tight line here and fold to his flop reraise. the hand seems super vunerable and with out a read here i think we are way behind or slightly ahead here almost always.

calling the flop raise seems like the worst plan imo. there are 393937261 hands in the eck that can hit on the turn and put us in an uncomfortable spot. it seems like the flop is either pooosh or fold. i think i like fold but i dont absolutly hate a pooosh.

EMc
10-22-2006, 04:04 AM
AJ, Kaz,

Whats your range for villain. Is he raising a lone diamonte?

kaz2107
10-22-2006, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AJ, Kaz,

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he is raising with the ace of diamonds here, any pair and diamond J or higher, flush, overpair, set, maybe A9 without a diamond, and maybe Kof diamond.

seem reasobnable?

if it does it makes it look like a pretty clear fold to me

EMc
10-22-2006, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AJ, Kaz,

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he is raising with the ace of diamonds here, any pair and diamond J or higher, flush, overpair, set, maybe A9 without a diamond, and maybe Kof diamond.

seem reasobnable?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is your range a stop n go is best.

kaz2107
10-22-2006, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AJ, Kaz,

[/ QUOTE ]

seem reasobnable?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is your range a stop n go is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

care to explain how come? why do we wanna call and then push n e turn based on this range and wut range would b better for folding/pooshing the flop

orange
10-22-2006, 04:25 AM
bc our equity is raised significantly vs. something like lone A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or what not.

yellowbastard
10-22-2006, 04:26 AM
I don't see any good reason to make the AI bet on the turn as opposed to the flop if you think we're good often enough here.

If the guy does indeed have something like A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif he will call (on the turn) and be right to do so getting ~ 2.5:1 with about 13 outs (13/45 ~ 29%)

I like checking and calling without the intent of folding sometimes in these situations. Who knows mabe the the guy chickens out when a fourth /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hits the river and checks behind with something like A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif allowing you to lose the minimum on the hand.

kaz2107
10-22-2006, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bc our equity is raised significantly vs. something like lone A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or what not.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand that but yet we still plan on getting pushing when a diamond does hit. that is were im lost. is it because when the 4th flush hits he folds a decent part of his range on the turn as well???