PDA

View Full Version : AQ cbet, do i call the river?

theUltimateHero
10-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)
Seat 1: CO ($65.35 in chips)
Seat 2: Button ($20.60 in chips)
Seat 4: SB ($58.10 in chips)
Seat 6: BB ($58.05 in chips)
Seat 10: Hero [AH,QD] ($48 in chips)

Pre-flop: (5 players)
UTG raises to $1.5</font>, CO folds, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: :5c :4h :kh ($3.75, 2 players)
UTG bets $2</font>, Button calls.

Turn: :3c ($7.75, 2 players)
UTG bets $5</font>, Button calls.

River: :qs ($17.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, Button bets $8</font>

I am UTG this hand and villain is button. This was a pretty standard hand until the river, on the flop i thought he wasnt too strong and the turn didnt help anything i thought he would have... do i call the river getting 3.2:1 hoping he missed or am i destroyed most of the time here?

sigurrostyp
10-21-2006, 11:41 PM
raise to 2 preflop. Bet 3-3.5 on flop. I don't get the turn bet at all this is awful. You are beat here most of the time, but as played I would fire on the river maybe.. This is so awful.

the machine
10-21-2006, 11:49 PM
i dont mind firing the turn because it is likely tha villain is on a draw. however with out a read this play will def be -EV in the long run. so in this case i think c/f the turn is better. as for the river were getting 3:1 but i still think its a fold here

Xanta
10-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Grunch
Open PF for 4bb, I think that's pretty standard.
Flop bet should be bigger than 1/2 pot, villain is in position and can draw nicely, esp with the hearts on the board.

I don't think that the turn is so good. You are OOP and villain just called your very small cbet. His range here is really quite big: pocket pairs, any two hearts, a strong king waiting to raise the turn come to mind. You have ace high and are essentially firing into the dark here. The three changed little but filling out some strait draws. I just don't see enough hands that called the flop folding the turn at all.

River I'm not so sure about. Could missed hearts be raising here after you checked? I think an unimproved pocket pair would check behind here because worse hands would fold and better would raise if they bet the river. You're getting around 3-1 on the call, but I don't see us being ahead here much.

How far off am I on this?

littlebu
10-22-2006, 12:20 AM
pf raise to $2. On the flop I bet $3. I would check the turn and assuming a check behind lead river for $5