PDA

View Full Version : Set with 44, nasty turn...

tomonbass
10-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Ok heres something more conventinal... I never know what line to take in these kinds of spots...

Villains just sat down this orbit...

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50
CO: $21.55
Tomonbass: $155.50
SB: $84.70
BB: $32.65

Pre-flop: (5 players) Tomonbass is Button with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Tomonbass calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Tomonbass raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($8, 2 players)
CO checks, Tomonbass ?

neverforgetlol
10-21-2006, 04:46 PM
raise preflop, and raise the flop more.

xwillience
10-21-2006, 04:56 PM
raise the flop more.

you should probably bet the turn. tho I am open to other ideas too.

sputum
10-21-2006, 05:08 PM
As played bet $8 and call a (min)raise AI. If he flushed you're getting 3-2 ($16 against $24) and 4-1 on your final call. Otherwise, you're usually way ahead and he hasn't got enough behind to make it that interesting. With full stacks I might check here but I'd have bet more on the flop /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ymu
10-21-2006, 05:16 PM
I don't hate the limp behind preflop if you're generally active at the table - 44 is a difficult hand if people are playing back at you.

Raise full pot on flop - his bet looks like a flush draw, so charge him for it.

On the turn you don't want to give him a free card if he just picked up a flush draw to go with a J, but you don't want to him to check-raise AI if he has a made flush or chase him off if he's still playing catch-up/drawing dead.

He has 18 behind. If we bet about 6 and he check-raises AI, we have to call 12 into a $32 pot, with 22% equity against a made flush - so we would have just about the right odds to call if he occasionally does this with a pair plus flush draw also. If he wouldn't always check-raise a made flush here, we are getting good implied odds to pair the board on the river.

This may just be creating a situation where we put in far too much when behind, but the alternative is checking and giving a free card which might kill either our hand or our action.

Reads would be helpful - does he normally lead 1/2 pot on a draw-heavy board with a made hand; does he check a turned monster when he has an opponent who likes his hand; does he want to trap you in particular; does he check-raise his monsters on the turn, etc etc.

theUltimateHero
10-21-2006, 06:31 PM
raise to 1.5 preflop, bet pot on flop

as played i bet 5-6 on turn

tomonbass
10-21-2006, 06:40 PM
surly it would be a $2.5 raise pf if i were to raise here...

Can I ask why everyone is so keen to raise it up after a caller pf ?

theUltimateHero
10-21-2006, 06:46 PM
i raise small preflop but thats just me... i would raise to 1.5 or 2, not 2.5... and the reasoning is, if im raising a lot of hands preflop, i love raising my pp's on the button

NSchandler
10-21-2006, 07:06 PM
I usually raise this preflop, but especially with CO's stack, I don't mind a call here.

Flop call is a little small, but again, with CO's stack size it's not that bad.

On the turn, I guess it comes down to whether he'll call with something like AJ, KJ, etc. If he will, I think a bet/call AI is best. I suspect this is the case. If you think he'll fold TP after the 2nd barrel on this board, then I'd check behind more to try to get another bet from him on the river than for fear of a flush.

yellowbastard
10-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Raise before the flop and bet the pot on the flop.

Check behind on the turn, call most rivers, and bet/raise when you improve

Sir Winalot
10-22-2006, 01:41 PM
I bet 6 on turn and check behind on river UI.