PDA

View Full Version : 23s Nice river for me .... is the r/r the correct option?

tomonbass
10-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Villain hates me Ive seriously pissed him off throughout session taking him off hands etc.... lots of confrontations in the chat box feel like he wants me bad...

Do I go for the juggular or do I leave the pot as it stands....

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $23.05
Tomonbass: $139.95
Button: $51.25
SB: $90.45
BB: $42.45

Pre-flop: (5 players) Tomonbass is CO with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Tomonbass raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Tomonbass bets $3</font>, BB calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($10.25, 2 players)
BB checks, Tomonbass checks.

River: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($10.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Tomonbass raises to $7.5</font>

Khaos4k
10-21-2006, 04:42 PM
This is a terrible line agaisnt a villain that is out to get you. You're dominated by literally every hand pre-flop, he'll be looking to call you if he's on tilt.

That said, what is your read when villain makes a serious underbet like this? From a lot of players it's a tease bet, one that you're supposed to raise when he has a monster.

tomonbass
10-21-2006, 04:51 PM
I think he wants a cheap showdown... I tend to find these little bets at any stage in the hand as the villain looking for a cheap card/showdown... I know thats what I do when Im after a cheap card...

I normally respond (except against a tricky opponent or one where a small bet = big hand(read dependant)) with a decent sized bet to push them out of the hand.