PDA

View Full Version : another bet on the turn?

moving shapes
10-21-2006, 04:24 PM
What do people think about this bet on the turn with the flush draw?

Poker Room skin
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.10
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.6, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($9.6, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Results:
Final pot: $9.6
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows QH AH </font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG+1 shows 6H10C </font>

xwillience
10-21-2006, 04:55 PM
i think if your going to bet, bet more or less depending on its purpose.

also, do you have any reads suggesting villian can lay down here?

remove the results tho because now im going to go look :P

tomonbass
10-21-2006, 05:14 PM
I dont c bet that kind of flop... and I dislike the turn bet also...

I think betting the turn when a scare card hits in most cases is asking to be moved off a hand that youd really like to continue with, or on the flip side your betting into a hand thats just greatly improved...

just check here and fold to a bet that doesnt give you the odds to continue... your probably looking for the flush to win here...

moving shapes
10-21-2006, 06:48 PM
i agree with your point about the turn bet. seem's like most of the time i'm just creating a bigger pot for villain to win.

but i don't see how i can check the flop. doing so would seem to be just giving up in the hand..

the hands that villain could hold, that beat me on the flop, represent less than 50% of total possible hands that villain could hold.

so more than 50% of the time i'm ahead..
(and thus villain is getting bad odds to call my bet)

edit: obviously there will be some hands that are less likely for villain to hold (and some hands that are more likely), but i think this is negligible for this level

george w
10-21-2006, 06:52 PM
i think i check behind. you won't get better hands to fold and you don't want to be c/r.