PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous bluff, or value bet, you make the call.

bmk67
10-21-2006, 02:10 PM
WPEX 25NL Full Ring (no converter)

Effective stacks $25.

I have been ruthlessly raising and c-betting with position. Villian is solid - but I know I can push him off a hand, and I suspect getting sick of my games. In other words, he's better than the typical 25NL donk and fully capable of laying down the best hand.

Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
Villian is SB.

5 folds, hero raises to $1, 1 fold, SB raises to $3, Hero calls.

OK, yeah, this is a loose call, but I'm planning on taking it away from him on the flop.

Flop (pot $6.25): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets $3.75, Hero raises to $12.00

This looks like AK/AQ or an underpair probing to see if I hit anything or not. I was planning on leading/raising the flop pretty much no matter what flopped, but now my hand actually has some showdown value.

How was my line here?

Sir Winalot
10-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Fold to 3-bet preflop.

bmk67
10-21-2006, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold to 3-bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, ordinarily. Did you see my read? With this villian, I would have called with 72o, because my hand no longer matters. I'm stealing this on the flop. The fact that I hit top pair is interesting, but not relevant to my line.

xwillience
10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
the only hand he folds that your behind is JJ (and a remote QQ). your about to get pozzed.

Sir Winalot
10-21-2006, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold to 3-bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, ordinarily. Did you see my read? With this villian, I would have called with 72o, because my hand no longer matters. I'm stealing this on the flop. The fact that I hit top pair is interesting, but not relevant to my line.

[/ QUOTE ]
I read your reads and said fold pf. I don't think he's 3-betting any lighter just because you're a jerk. You're toast here.

bmk67
10-21-2006, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he's 3-betting any lighter just because you're a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're a bit out of line here.

[ QUOTE ]
You're toast here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, villian folded as I expected he would.

Sir Winalot
10-21-2006, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You're toast here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, villian folded as I expected he would.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okey, but I suggest that next time you do this you have a set because he's not eating this [censored] for too long anymore. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

xwillience
10-21-2006, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think your interpreting his statement wrong. hes referring to your image from villains eyes, not your image here. although that can change...

also, im putting words in his mouth, but thats how i interpreted his statement.

bmk67
10-21-2006, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okey, but I suggest that next time you do this you have a set because he's not eating this [censored] for too long anymore. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That of course was the plan all along. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sir Winalot
10-21-2006, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think your interpreting his statement wrong. hes referring to your image from villains eyes, not your image here. although that can change...

also, im putting words in his mouth, but thats how i interpreted his statement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I thought he meant the 3-betting thing to being out of line. And yes, I was referring to what villain was probably seeing hero as.

bmk67
10-21-2006, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I thought he meant the 3-betting thing to being out of line. And yes, I was referring to what villain was probably seeing hero as.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, OK, simple misunderstanding. No worries.