PDA

View Full Version : whats spread limit HE at Bay101 shooting star?

PokerPaul
01-02-2006, 02:18 PM
how does it work exactly?

And what r good places to stay around bay101?

Kneel B4 Zod
01-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I dunno, but if you're asking what "spread limit" is, I can tell you how it works at Excalibur:

betting is anywhere between 1 and 6 on any street.

Photoc
01-02-2006, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, but if you're asking what "spread limit" is, I can tell you how it works at Excalibur:

betting is anywhere between 1 and 6 on any street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. It's 1-3 or 2-6, not 1-6.

To the OP, try the B&M forum, might have better success.

aragorn_i
01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
It is Bay101 way of getting around the restrictions on nolimit tournys.The "spread" is quite large and is played like no limit after a few levels.

As for hotels,go to there web site.They list some local places.

SossMan
01-02-2006, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how does it work exactly?

And what r good places to stay around bay101?

[/ QUOTE ]

The shooting star is the only NL played in San Jose all year. They pay the city some excessive fee for the 'right' to play NL for that particular tourney. All the other tournaments in the year at B101 are spread limit, but the spreads are 1-40xBB, so they don't really come into effect except maybe the first few levels of a crazy rebuy tourney. Even then, the spreads are big enough to effectively pot committ yourself w/ one max bet/raise even if it's not technically all in.

PokerPaul
01-02-2006, 05:14 PM
OK thx for the feedback.

What exactly is the purpose of not allowing NL games?

Some strange laws down there....

Kind of like strip bars in the US....either they are topless with alcohol, or nude and dry.....the logic is very skewed

SossMan
01-02-2006, 05:53 PM
it's what happens when people who don't understand gambling make laws about gambling.

ChuckyB
01-02-2006, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's what happens when people who don't understand gambling make laws about gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or people who don't understand strippers making laws about stripping. They're people too.

People who dance naked and may pleasure you for money.