PDA

View Full Version : reraising in position hand ranges

demon102
10-21-2006, 12:02 AM
I play $25nl 6 max games and cuz of a few post have started to think about opening up my hand ranges that I reraise with preflop with a raise in front of me. As of now I reraise with JJ-AA and AK, I am thiking about adding AQ and 1010 and even possibly with 77-99. What to do u guys think of this? What hands do u reraise with in this situations? What about when ur in the blinds would ur range be the same or tighter cuz ur oop?

orange
10-22-2006, 05:03 AM
You need some reads typically.

Vs. some opponents, its okay to just call with pocket pairs. Vs. others, you can RR and open your range a little bit.

In the RR-ing category, I would probably put AK, JJ+ there always. Against most opponents, AQ/AJ can be thrown in, as well as TT.

I'm not sure how well reraising suited connectors and the like would work at 25nl. I would probably stick to a relatively tight reraising range here and try to play ABC. Worry about opening your ranges when you move up.

carnivalhobo
10-22-2006, 05:57 AM
i think TT+ AK is fine for 25nl

Mjafish
10-22-2006, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think TT+ AK is fine for 25nl

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd add in AQs sometimes too.

Sir Winalot
10-23-2006, 03:12 AM
I usually rr 99+, AQo+, AJs+ if I'm on the button or think I can buy the button with a rr, but I think your range is pretty good too.

From the blinds you have to play tighter, of course. I rr JJ+ and AK (sometimes AQs and TT).

Edit - Fixed som typos.