PDA

View Full Version : Paradise free plane ticket

mike_oxbig
10-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this today since they were apparently supposed to e-mail us about it today and I have not received anything explaining the details of said ticket.

Oh well, at least the games are soft, but 1 tabling 2knl wasnt fun.

Joshssj4v2
10-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Nothing yet for me.

Directrix
10-20-2006, 02:38 PM
I got an e-mail from them titled "Bring a friend to Paradise!" and got excited. I then opened it to find out they're telling me about their refer-a-friend deal. DAMMIT

I wanna leave this place, can I have my plane ticket please /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mike_oxbig
10-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Lol yeah I saw that other bring a friend to paradise e-mail too.
Now I won't get to see if I got this ticket until monday...wooo wpt niagara.

dieharder
10-20-2006, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got an e-mail from them titled "Bring a friend to Paradise!" and got excited. I then opened it to find out they're telling me about their refer-a-friend deal. DAMMIT

I wanna leave this place, can I have my plane ticket please /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, i got this email too, from the title i thought i got two plane tickets, but still waiting for the "real email" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cvpoker
10-20-2006, 03:10 PM
lol i thought it might be 2 tickets also with a bring a friend title, they just like to tease us. gopt mre all excited for just a simple spam email

Joshssj4v2
10-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Sweet.
Dear Josh (blank)

Thanks for your deposit during our Great Canadian Bonus weekend. We promised you a free flight and a shot at the Aussie Millions in return so here ya go.

Pack your bags
Your free round trip flight to one of several US and Canadian destinations is waiting for you.

Simply click here and complete your details - the Paradise Concierge will book your flight for you, and confirm your flight details directly with you.

For complete terms and conditions please see below

Fame and Fortune awaits
You Josh (----) have been pre registered in a private tournament, where the winner will receive a $12,000 prize package to play in the Aussie Millions event this coming January in Melbourne Australia!

Directrix
10-20-2006, 05:53 PM
They also don't mention in the e-mail that the trip is a minimum of 7 nights. So no weekend getaways. I don't think I can afford to stay in a hotel for 7 days! Yes, I'm poor.

pyedog
10-20-2006, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They also don't mention in the e-mail that the trip is a minimum of 7 nights. So no weekend getaways. I don't think I can afford to stay in a hotel for 7 days! Yes, I'm poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that requirement in the T&C? I didn't notice it. Not being able to go somewhere for a weekend sucks though. I don't have anymore vacation time to use.

Joshssj4v2
10-20-2006, 06:04 PM
18. Paradise Poker or its flight booking agent Protravel Ltd, may substitute another reward of equal or greater value.

So I can go to Cuba? I don't understand this.

ryanghall
10-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Well, this ended up just being a scam. Why am I not surprised.

We have to pay all taxes, fees, etc. etc. They said a "free" ticket. Free my ass.

I can't go anywhere for seven days. I would have loved to use this ticket for a weekend (that's why I did the stupid bonus).

Not only that but I see they put people in special freerolls, obviously based on loyalty. So while some people are in one with 183 people, I'm in one with 1222.

Yeah I'll be pulling my money off that site. Sneaky jerks.

Ryan

cassette
10-20-2006, 06:40 PM
So you get a ticket to anywhere in the US or Canada with no hand or rake requirements whatsoever and you're complaining that you have to pay the tax? Lighten up. It might not be as amazing as you would like but it is still a great promo.

ryanghall
10-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Pardon me but I had to play 1000 raked hands to get this (playing less tables at a different game than I'd normally play on my other site because Paradise doesn't run enough high stakes games and you can only 4 table)

Ryan

cassette
10-20-2006, 06:49 PM
No, all you had to do was deposit.

missmisery
10-20-2006, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pardon me but I had to play 1000 raked hands to get this (playing less tables at a different game than I'd normally play on my other site because Paradise doesn't run enough high stakes games and you can only 4 table)

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't have to play a single hand for this offer. All you needed was to deposit with their bonus code. The hands you played were to release your cash bonus.

ryanghall
10-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Fair enough. I didn't know that.

Either way, it's not free (as they advertised) and they certainly *never* said anything about having to stay 7 days. Why do I have to stay 7 days?

I can't stay 7 days so I can't participate and that pisses me off; and I believe I have a right to be pissed off.

I have a feeling I won't be the only one.

Ryan

cassette
10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
You know you don't have to go right? You seem like an unhappy person. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ryanghall
10-20-2006, 06:59 PM
You know you don't have to post your 2 cents everytime I post, right?

I'm unhappy that this stupid promotion wasted my time.

Ryan

Directrix
10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I pretty much assumed we'd have to pay the tax. That's no surprise.

So, what stakes of poker would I have to play in Vegas to get my room and food comped?

[ QUOTE ]
Is that requirement in the T&C? I didn't notice it. Not being able to go somewhere for a weekend sucks though. I don't have anymore vacation time to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Click the link in the e-mail, it says it next to "Duration of stay".

cvpoker
10-20-2006, 07:11 PM
its basically a 50% off ticket or less, not a bad deal if u where planning a trip anyways, otherwise it is totally useless.
i bought in just fro the 100$ and a freeroll, and knew thaqt the chances the plane ticket would be of use was next to zero.

take the 100$ and run little fishies.

dieharder
10-20-2006, 07:12 PM
i submitted request to Vegas already, it usually costs me $600, and i go once a year anyways, if they can cover around $350 of it, i will be happy to pay my $300 to fly to vegas, hope it goes through /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eder
10-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Is there somewhere I can see available destinations from Calgary?

AAxxCracker
10-20-2006, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there somewhere I can see available destinations from Calgary?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to know the same thing. Looks like the only way is to apply by filling out the first part of the form, leaving the destinations blank, and waiting for their call within 2 day so they can inform you. That's what I did anyway.

Too bad about the minimum 7 night requirement which is mentioned on the form.

Eder
10-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Well 7 days in Vegas too long...I will try for Maui or Cabo...prob have to settle for Moose Jaw

ckmj23
10-20-2006, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, this ended up just being a scam. Why am I not surprised.

We have to pay all taxes, fees, etc. etc. They said a "free" ticket. Free my ass.

I can't go anywhere for seven days. I would have loved to use this ticket for a weekend (that's why I did the stupid bonus).

Not only that but I see they put people in special freerolls, obviously based on loyalty. So while some people are in one with 183 people, I'm in one with 1222.

Yeah I'll be pulling my money off that site. Sneaky jerks.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez man, I'd hate to be the Customer Service Rep of any business you associate yourself with.

lefty rosen
10-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Is this ticket transferable? I would love to give this as a christmas present to a relative. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BYRNE11
10-21-2006, 12:18 AM
yeah i was also wondering that.

dieharder
10-21-2006, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this ticket transferable? I would love to give this as a christmas present to a relative. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, i also would like to sell this ticket /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cassette
10-21-2006, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not transferable.

wulfheir
10-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Scotia Bank has a free flight offer whose terms and conditional are identical to Paradise's.

They offer these destinations
Destinations (http://www.scotiabank.com/images/en/filespersonal/14145.pdf)

It's probably divided west/east like this

fire_fly
10-21-2006, 01:08 PM
How are you guys getting these??? Is the offer still valid and open to US players?

Miyogi
10-21-2006, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How are you guys getting these??? Is the offer still valid and open to US players?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a Canada only deal. And you would have already had to deposit.

GrinningBuddha
10-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Um, you guys DID see condition #13, yes?

All bookings must be made by 1/12/06 and all flights must be completed by 31/01/07. No reservations can be accepted for periods after this date.

So, yeah, you have to book by Dec 1st and be BACK by Jan 31st. Thanks for nothing Paradise.

Ainex
10-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Bah, accidentally hit 'enter' with my finger while typing and submitted my form incomplete. Now all I get is an error message when I try to submit another.

Bellagibro
10-21-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm planning on going to Vegas anyways so I'll keep you guys informed once the booking agent gets back to me.

dc_publius
10-21-2006, 06:05 PM
One of the big promotional scams is offering free flight, but requiring you to stay at some overpriced hotels for X days. Considering that flights are cheap and hotels expensive, it's no deal. Is this one of those deals? Or do they let you stay anywhere you want, as long as you stay for 7 days? Can you price out your own hotel on priceline?

Bellagibro
10-21-2006, 10:27 PM
You can stay in the gutter for all they care. It's not exactly a free trip as you gotta cover the taxes and some other fees.

cvpoker
10-22-2006, 12:13 AM
this promo is offered by alot of businesses and costs them very little, as the travel agents get all your info and try to sell you packages etc now and in the future. I will just look for a good deal and buy my own ticket in January and likely pay the same as this "deal" and not have to put up with all the bs they will put u through.

i surte hope everyone emaisl paradise with complaints , maybe they will actually give us something worthwhile on top of the 100$ like they indicated.

if not oh well, the 100$ is nice m but woulda bene alot nicer if that was all they offered, as it would amade most of us happier and the site would abenefited alot more

mothman
10-23-2006, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know you don't have to post your 2 cents everytime I post, right?

I'm unhappy that this stupid promotion wasted my time.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

jln
10-31-2006, 02:42 AM
How did you find out where you can go? I cannot get any info on this promo. They want you to book a time and dates but they don't tell you where you can fly to - that makes it a bit tough? Help???

jln
10-31-2006, 02:49 AM
Did someone actually call you back with the destinations from Calgary? I want the destinations from Vancouver but I am not getting any response. I am not impressed with the way this is being handled - if they are legitimately offering something they should be forthright in giving info about it - I guess they are hoping the more difficult it is the less people will take advantage of it.

jln
10-31-2006, 11:37 PM
Were you able to find out any destinations or book a ticket? I can't seem to get a response.

dieharder
11-01-2006, 01:22 AM
i got a email from a travel agent, the ticket is useless to me, i am from Toronto, and the only destinations available are: New York, Chicago, Calgary and Quebec, useless god d%#@...

grando
11-01-2006, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i got a email from a travel agent, the ticket is useless to me, i am from Toronto, and the only destinations available are: New York, Chicago, Calgary and Quebec, useless god d%#@...

[/ QUOTE ]

3 out of 4 of those places are awesome

FeralCat
11-22-2006, 10:27 AM
So I filled out the application form 3 TIMES and submitted. I also emailed support and it is now over 3 weeks trying to redeem this bogus Promo. Offer Expires On Dec 1, so I doubt I or anyone else will be going anywhere.

It appears that Paradise may have used this bonus as a way to get more cash to pay off their US market that was cashing out.........

LYING BASTARDS......After years of being a DISE player, I will NEVER NEVER give them another moment of my business.

poker-penguin
11-22-2006, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 out of 4 of those places are awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Chicago sucks. /images/graemlins/cool.gif