PDA

View Full Version : AA is the nuts HU?!

Roadstar
10-20-2006, 01:32 PM
50NL 5 max

Table has become HU because I stacked other guys with my LAG play.

History - played tight early in the session, this guy points out I always fold to river raises (usually I only have 1-2 pair on coordinated board or something like that) to the table - implying I'm basically a nit. After that I started playing LAG stealing a ton of pots. Ppl get upset start playing back when I had good run of cards. I stack one other guy and another left and calls me an idiot for raising all the time.

Villain - hes 30/5 before playing HU. He sees I'm LAG but has been folding pot after pot HU most of the time. Hes clearly waiting for TP to play back at me. At the same time, I've seen him payoff obvious straights and flushes with TPTK or two pair...

Stacks - Villain ~$45, Hero ~$150+

Preflop: Hero in SB w/ A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif and raises to $3 (my big raise would not indicate a strong hand as I've been pushing this guy around for the past 20 hands w/ sizeable raises and bets), Villain calls

Flop:

K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets $8, Villain min raise to $16, Hero poooosh? or call and C/Rai on turn?
(we're not folding here right?) - I've been routinely making large bets on the flop so its nothing out of the ordinary (HU)

Villains been folding preflop too so his raise tells me hes got a piece. At least Kx. I'm worried about KJ. Hes not the type to raise on a flush draw IMO.

Thanks!

matrix
10-20-2006, 01:39 PM
put him all-in here all day twice on sundays and 3 times every 3rd wednesday - if he flopped 2pair we got bundles of outs.

AA is pretty much the nuts headsup. On that flop he has no straight and he has no flush you are almost always ahead so get the money in the middle. Straights and flushes are largely irrelevant HU in any case - HU is mostly about pairs and you got an overpair on a K hi flop.

Fiksdal
10-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Push, this looks like a king. If he has KJ you are unlucky, he would have gotten the money on with most of the other kings too. If he does have KJ, just make sure both the turn and river are tens.

Roadstar
10-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Under what circumstance would you consider calling and C/Rai on the turn to extract value?

Yaboosh
10-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Board is too wet to worry about getting tricky to maximize value.

Sir Winalot
10-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Puuush for value.

matrix
10-20-2006, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Under what circumstance would you consider calling and C/Rai on the turn to extract value?

[/ QUOTE ]

any A flop - or a bone dry flop with 1 broadway card and 2 rags that's rainbowed (i.e. almost never)

BukNaked36
10-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Push now
A club might scare him off.