PDA

View Full Version : Valuebet this week toppair?

Raiseren1
10-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $25.65
UTG+1: $16.05
CO: $16.15
Button: $8.80
SB: $22.75
BB: $10.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.8, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8.8, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

River: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($17.8, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero ??

Vern
10-20-2006, 12:14 PM
I fold pre-flop w/o a read on my opponents. Also, without stacks commenting on a nl hand it tough.
As played on the flop I bet 2/3 pot as a cb with this board. Little draws are available.
As played on the turn I bet closer to 4.5 to price out the emerging draws.
River I check behind expecting he would fold any hand my hand beat.
Post was fixed to add stacks, with these stacks I play it the way I listed.

Grifter
10-20-2006, 12:48 PM
I check behind here most of the time. What worse hand calls? AT maaaybe, 99 prolly not once the jack falls. and what weaker Jacks are calling the flop? All UI overs and draws fold. check behind, make a note when you see what he calls down with. FWIW I think you are ahead, but not ahead of the calling range.

Raiseren1
10-20-2006, 04:19 PM
The only draw (that could have called flop bet), that gets the odds here when I bet is 45. But I it's pretty unlikely. One of them probably has a ten and the other one a middlepair. By betting, lets say 6$ wouldn't it just be easy for them to fold weaker hands and let them play correctly?

ajmargarine
10-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Preflop is subpar. Fold that unless you are meta-ing.

Flop CB is goot 3-way because of that texture.

I don't see the purpose of your turn bet size.

River, sure, bet it smallish, comparable to your turn bet, $7 or so.

Shaddux
10-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Fold pf.

Bet more on turn. I check behind on the river if he calls my turn bet. As played, a little value bet on the river might not be bad as they probably think their T is good since we played it so weak.

dano
10-20-2006, 06:51 PM
yes. you'll get a call often enough from a hand you beat.

I would also have made a slightly larger turn bet to charge any draws, but $3 is not giving them odds to hit a 5 outer either, since you won't pay off much on the river.

I think a smallish river bet has value, as you will get called by hands you beat. I might throw in a $5 bet here.

pokerchap
10-20-2006, 07:36 PM
yes, valuebet. i like a bet around $6. I really do not think SB checks this river unless he has the nuts or has a weak hand.