PDA

View Full Version : KK vs Turn Aggression

CaptVimes
10-20-2006, 09:24 AM
I am just starting to learn NL and am wondering a couple of things about this hand. No read on villian, he had only played a couple hands since I had sat down and hadn't taken them very far.

1. Are the bet sizes Preflop/Flop Ok? Should I have even bet the flop?

2. Should I have just checked through the turn or bet a different amount?

3. Was the fold good?

Thanks,

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2.30
UTG+1: $2.78
MP1: $10.59
MP2: $2.11
CO: $1.07
Hero: $3.77
SB: $5.27
BB: $5.24

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
3 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.32, 3 players)
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.25</font>, SB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.82, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.32</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $0.7</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $0.38 returned to SB.

ticks
10-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Preflop is fine.
Flop is fine too.
The turn cr is very scary and usually means 'I can beat one pair'.
(I belive this is referred to as the Baluga theorem)
So yeah, good fold.
I think betting the turn is fine, since villain will have a Q here more often than trips.

4_2_it
10-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Fold it. A turn check raise usually means one pair is no good.

BombayBadboy
10-20-2006, 09:45 AM
You played the hand well. W/o a read this is a fold. I don't really know how these very low stakes play though.

munkey
10-20-2006, 09:50 AM
As played fine.

1. Good bet sizes preflop/flop , yes bet the flop for value and because we're PFR and been checked to (CBET). You should bet the turn 2/3 pot ~0.60 if you're going to bet it though.

2. Checking the turn on the paired flop may be better - we're WA anything else but WBehind to a Jx hand.

On the river we get more value from weaker PPS that may think we hold AK or a similar hand too and keep the pot small.

3. Yes as played folding to a turn minriase after you PFR/bet the flop and turn means viland is probably ahead -with reads it may mena something else but vs. an unknown it's usually best to fold. See SSNL Master Sticky Baluga theorem for more info.

PS I like the avatar.