PDA

View Full Version : Another check-up: Flush board, I have the King

CityFan
10-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Still fairly new to the table but I've been inolved in a few hands and made a bit of cash.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Hero ($10.49)
MP ($12.29)
CO ($9.93)
Button ($5.55)
SB ($8.29)
BB ($6.47)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.20, Button calls $0.20, SB calls $0.18, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.85) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>

Is this the line?

ticks
10-20-2006, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the line?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is it.

BombayBadboy
10-20-2006, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the line?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you enlighten me why this is the line?

I'm guessing:

- A min-bet is weak, we raise weak players when we were the preflop aggressor

- We have the second nutflush draw, overs plus a gs. We are a favourite against his range.

However, I would be worried about the players behind me that still have to act. How do we respond to calls from them? How do we act then if we hit our flush?

OP I'd probably play the flop the same, but I would be more worried about later streets. Tough hand to play.

ticks
10-20-2006, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the line?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you enlighten me why this is the line?

I'm guessing:

- A min-bet is weak, we raise weak players when we were the preflop aggressor

- We have the second nutflush draw, overs plus a gs. We are a favourite against his range.

However, I would be worried about the players behind me that still have to act. How do we respond to calls from them? How do we act then if we hit our flush?

OP I'd probably play the flop the same, but I would be more worried about later streets. Tough hand to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it.
HU I bluffraise minbets almost always, preflop raiser or no,
unless I have a read that says villain only minbets with a made hand and never folds.
It is indeed worrying that we have two people left to act in this hand,
but the reasons you mention are strong enough to warrant a raise.
I want to add another reason to raise:
- To buy position on later streets

CityFan
10-20-2006, 10:40 AM
If re-raised here I'm folding.

What hand are calling behind? A flop bet followed by a raise from the PF aggressor is pretty scary on that board. If others call, I'm probably beat unless I hit a diamond on the turn.

Obviously the name of the game here is fold equity. If I make it to the turn I'm treading very carefully.

ticks
10-20-2006, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If re-raised here I'm folding.

What hand are calling behind? A flop bet followed by a raise from the PF aggressor is pretty scary on that board. If others call, I'm probably beat unless I hit a diamond on the turn.

Obviously the name of the game here is fold equity. If I make it to the turn I'm treading very carefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all true.
Except if the only caller is the SB.
He could very well be drawing/playing a weak made hand.