PDA

View Full Version : AQ top two gets min checkraised

Big Poppa Smurf
10-20-2006, 01:20 AM
No reads on villain, but the flop min-cr is kind of scary. Should I be folding this anywhere? The range I beat is smallish but I don't like folding top two.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 5 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $7.8</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($37.8, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $29.4, Sidepot 1: $8.4)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $10.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($58.8, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $29.4, Sidepot 1: $29.4)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $24.25</font>???

NSchandler
10-20-2006, 01:42 AM
I 3-bet flop. If he has KT or JJ, he's going to get you AI by the end of the hand anyway unless a K or T falls. Just get the money in before a scare card falls and lets him off easy.

Push turn.

As played, call river.

Sir Winalot
10-20-2006, 03:36 AM
Fold? Hell no. Push flop, push turn, call river.

Big Poppa Smurf
10-20-2006, 04:48 AM
ok thanks for the responses to a pretty boring hand, this is what i thought, i just wanted to double check.

i tend to call down a little too much from playing so much limit, so i just wanted to make sure this was ok

AJGibson
10-20-2006, 04:53 AM
I think pushing the flop, may be a too much of an overbet, definitely push the turn though.

Maybe put some big postit notes on your monitor saying "bet" "raise" and "don't be a calling station".

Big Poppa Smurf
10-20-2006, 04:59 AM
min checkraises are scary!

edit: honestly although i am kind of a calling station, i really hated this hand and calling down here, but the way villain played it i can't really get away from it either

tomonbass
10-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Depending on stack sizes its either a push on the flop or a $30- $35 reraise...

If hes got KT AA QQ JJ im going broke if it goes in on the flop....

ama0330
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
SB aint goin nowhere, which is why flat calling does nothing for you here. I'm going broke on the flop. And losing to the flopped nuts, standard.

Big Poppa Smurf
10-20-2006, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB aint goin nowhere, which is why flat calling does nothing for you here. I'm going broke on the flop. And losing to the flopped nuts, standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure what the first part of your post means? i flat-called because i wanted to see what happened on the turn, and to try and control the pot size (which is stupid, because he's getting ai here with all the hands I don't want to see anyway)

also just for anyone who may be interested, i pokerstoved villains range as AA,QQ-JJ,AQ-J suited and off,KTs and not, QJs and not, and i have 44% equity here, which is much higher than i thought. so it looks like getting ai here is fine, which honestly i didn't think was the right play at the time. math is delicious