PDA

View Full Version : Going for set value turns into looking for strait value?

VorShot
10-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
VorShot: $9.90
UTG+1: $9.45
CO: $6.15
Button: $7.65
SB: $11.80
BB: $10.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) VorShot is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises to $0.4</font>,
<font color="blue"> Is this .40 raise standard with 66, or is that to weak of a hand to open raise with? </font>

<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.7</font>, 4 folds, VorShot calls $0.3 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $1.25)</font>.
<font color="blue"> Whoops...guess someone thinks they like their hand better. Well folding here for .30 with .40 in seems bad, i guess at this point i can call for set value, right? I'm certainly not pushing 66 here. </font>

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.55, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $1.4</font>, UTG+1 calls.
<font color="blue"> So the flop gave me i'm assuming in the ballpark of 8-10 outs, so i fired right out. He flat called though, and i am still OOP for the hand. </font>

Turn: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.35, 2 players)
Vorshot.......

<font color="blue"> Ok...so the turn missed, and at this point, i'm only getting deeper and deeper with a hand that i suspect is behind. </font>

<font color="green"> How would you play this hand Preflop, flop, turn, and river (if you get that far) if the river is also a blank. </font>

uminchu
10-20-2006, 03:50 AM
i like a cr all in on flop

SubaruSTiMike
10-20-2006, 04:02 AM
I think I would bet 3 and fold to reraise or if he calls and I don't hit ill just give it up. I would paly it the same way that you played it. If you check and he bets, you will have to fold and he could have AJ, AQ or AK, probably not AJ. Set your own price to draw, if he calls then you build the pot while hoping to hit your card. I thikn check folding or check calling is pretty weak given that if you are going to call you should raise yourself since you're oop.

AJGibson
10-20-2006, 04:33 AM
In general small pocket pairs are fine to raise with and call raises with pf, as long as you have the implied odds to hit your set, which you definitely have here.

I'd play pf the same way, betting out on the flop is fine. I'd sometimes c/c flop then lead turn, If I thought that'll get him off.

I don't really like firing the second barrel here, without a read I don't know if it'll be profitable and you wouldn't set yourself the correct impiled odds unless you bet about 1/3 pot. I check here call only a small bet.

tomonbass
10-20-2006, 05:23 AM
I dislike the pf raise... IMO I prefer to c/c with small pp's oop pf and hope to spike the set to a bigger pair... I only raise with small pp's in position.. that way I take control of the hand...

As it stands I dont think you should lead out at this flop as you ar no longer in the lead since you were reraised pf...

c/c and reevaluate on the turn....

If facing a serious bet again on the turn if you miss your draws then fold if you dont have the odds to continue...

gimmetheloot
10-20-2006, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i like a cr all in on flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I dislike greatly FWIW.

VS, I made a comment on this hand from your session, Hopefully some discussion will come of this hand here.

munkey
10-20-2006, 08:20 AM
This being a minre-raised pot, I feel villan going to ramp up the betting on the turn - if he likes to slowplay a big PP(after his minraise pflop holds one ~50% time) then I prefer to check call a smallish bet.

I think betting the turn we'likely to get raised big.
The co-ordinated board maybe slowing villan down somewhat too.
What kind of player is this - unknown any stats?

Preflop - goot, flop I probably check to Villan because if we got 3bet we would have to shove/fold and if we shove we will get called.

turn -check-call try and see river cheaply.

kitaristi0
10-20-2006, 08:22 AM
CRAI flop is good vs. someone who can fold 88 on this board. Such people do not play 10NL, so I prefer just to check/call.

VorShot
10-20-2006, 09:47 AM
If we push all in, the odds are only 40%/60% dog right?

Wouldn't this be -EV?

This is the 10NL rooms...so the FE couldn't be good enought to add 10% here to any hand that beats us...just the hands we beat.

I'm really confused how an AI is the right move here.

gimmetheloot
10-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Who min-3bets pf w/ 88?

c/r AI is spew. c/c flop. c/f turn unless you hit, or get priced in.

VorShot
10-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. how i ended up playing this hand i screwed it up pretty good.

Gimme already knows that though :/

Turns out he had a set of tens on the turn, and despite me asking him to fold...he declined and destacked me.