PDA

View Full Version : Playing Draws...

Kerosity
10-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Okay.. I'm not the best player here.. I just start playing seriously the last few weeks.. and I've had questions on how to play my draws... There's alot of questions that I have on this.. so I figured i'd start off by showing like one hand.. in 3 different typical situations that I run into.. and we will go from there..

Lets say for conversation sake.. each hand we are going to have 76s.

The first hand, we are the BTN, and its folded to us.. we raise, and 1 or two callers. Flop comes with the flush draw, and possible gutshot. It's checked to you.. What's your typical line? Do you bet it like a C-bet? My opinion is to c-bet it.. because #1 you can take it down there, also you can take it down when you hit. Now..

To bring this situation to what usually happens.

You just cbetted.. and you got one or even both calls. Next card is an off card.. What's your line here as they check it to you? Do you fire a second barrel? Or check hoping to hit the river?

Next situation: Same Starting hand.

Flop is 9T7, You got the gutshout with bottom pair.
How do you bet at that flop? (Assuming you started from late position and you standard raised/checked to you on the flop).

Now.. The interesting hands.. something like a flop of:

A44, (Two of your suit)
or AK8 (two of your suit)

Now this time.. The person pots it to you... Where do you st and? Is it worth drawing.. do you raise? I dont know exactly how to play these.. So lets start from here and i'll ask you some more questoins as they come along.. Ill get some hand histories also.

the machine
10-20-2006, 12:17 AM
#1 it depends
#2 it depends
#3 it depends

get the hand histories

Kerosity
10-20-2006, 12:18 AM
No real hand histories.. im just going from memory.. or creating situations in my head.. trying to figure out how exactly I would play it.. and/or should play it.. What is it "Depending" on..

the machine
10-20-2006, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No real hand histories.. im just going from memory.. or creating situations in my head.. trying to figure out how exactly I would play it.. and/or should play it.. What is it "Depending" on..

[/ QUOTE ]

stack sizes, how villain plays, your reads on villains, how many people are you to the flop, how might a villain percieve you (if we thought he was a capable thinking villain)

kaz2107
10-20-2006, 12:27 AM
hand 1
when he checks to me i deffinatly cbet. for 2 reasons. u have FE and it disguises ur hand for when u do hit. he calls and a blank hits on the turn and he checks to u u have to decide whether or not u have FE on the turn. if u think he is calling any bet that u make then u might as well check behind. if u think he will fold say 30% of the time if u fire a second barrel then fire away.

hand 2
when it checks to me i again cbet my normal cbet size hoping to win the pot their. if called i slow way down on the turn unless i improve.

hand 3 and 4
if some one pots it to me it will all depend on implied odds and reads. if u think when u hit on the turn if u can get ur stack in and get a 200bb pot or bigger then it is probably worth playing. and obv when the board is paired it makes ur flush less since there will be possible boats on board.