PDA

View Full Version : what would you have done?

tehDiceman
10-19-2006, 08:58 PM
please review the hand in steps and reply in steps. i considered posting this hand in steps just to get a few answers then post more but decided that it was too much work. :P

i only had a few minutes to play and figured i could stamp out a few hands. this was my first hand on the table, didnt know jack about any other players.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($6.52)
BB ($11.19)
UTG ($1.12)
MP1 ($1.39)
Hero ($3)
CO ($3.76)
Button ($0.87)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.28</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $0.26, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.59) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.26</font>, Hero calls $0.26.

Turn: ($1.11) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.44</font>, Hero calls $0.44.

River: ($1.99) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.14</font>, UTG calls $0.14 (All-In).

Final Pot: $2.27

ymu
10-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Preflop: fine.

Flop: Read dependent. He's not that likely to have a 9 or 33 and there's no draws, which leaves an overpair or a c-bet. I might raise, I might fold. I don't think I'd call - not much chance of hitting a 5.

Turn: Read dependent (see flop). Against most villains, I'm pretty certain we're beat here.

River: Standard if we got this far.

I haven't seen the results. It's probably best not to post them as it will usually influence people's responses.

tehDiceman
10-19-2006, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen the results. It's probably best not to post them as it will usually influence people's responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

removed them. will post them after a few more opinions.

i think that check before the showdown caused me to bet the .14 cents and either force him all in or el busto and fold. he didnt fold though. i figured he couldnt really check raise me, he only had .14 cents to play with. if he did, it wouldn't be that effective as we're still talking pennies here.

ymu
10-19-2006, 09:25 PM
If you think he's behind on the flop, what do you do when an A/K/Q/J hits on the turn?

If you always call down like this with a small PP, you'll lose most of the time and put in a large proportion of your stack in the process. Even if he's bluffing the flop, he may catch up on the turn, and even if that was a bluff, he may catch up on the river. You don't want to call off your stack to find out what he has.

Winning his stack 9% of the time and losing all or most of yours 91% of the time is not +EV.

ben wb
10-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Preflop I think you should fold, the raise is 25% of villains stack and as you'll only flop a set one in every seven flops it's not worth calling here. If the raise was from one of the bigger stacks like BB, SB or CO then calling is more reasonable but I'd still normally fold to a 14BB raise.

I don't mind how you played the rest of the hand though if you think you're ahead on the flop I'd just put villain all in then.

wake_up
10-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Fold 55 PF to an open raise of 14xBB (especially since villain is short).

If you were in the BB and were guaranteed of getting it HU you could get it in PF and race if UTG is a maniac, but in this case you should fold.

As played raise all in on the flop.

the machine
10-19-2006, 11:10 PM
fold PF
fold flop
fold turn

as played bet.14 river

Waingro
10-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Pf is a super easy fold. If you for some reason call pf, you must push this flop. I like your river play once you got there.

ColdSteel
10-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Don't post in MP. If your'e in such a hurry that you can't wait, then you don't have enough time to play.

I hear what everyone is saying about folding preflop, but honestly, i would have raised. I just have to think that this level plays basically like play money. I take the flip.

tehDiceman
10-20-2006, 12:54 AM
i wasnt in a hurry per se, just felt like banging out a few hands. i honestly didnt expect to bounce a dollar up immediatly like i did.

the results:

UTG has Kd 4d (one pair, nines).
Hero has 5d 5c (full house, fives full of nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $2.27.

he raised with suited cards in the UTG position, probly not the best player. plus, he had some big bets when i was in better position and he had no clue what i had. probly just hoping for that king, but even if the turn had been a king, my 5 would have trumped his two pair easily. however, K on turn and no 5 on river and i would have been owned.

the more i read this hand over and over again, i realize it was probly dumb to play and i normally wouldnt but i was in a make or break it mood. it doesnt happen very often, perhaps just the gut telling me to go for it.