PDA

View Full Version : Monster draw, turn card helps, but....

bmk67
10-19-2006, 07:47 PM
No hand history, so recalling from memory. Commentary on all streets is appreciated.

WPEX FR NL25. Effective stacks $25.00. Only a few orbits, but I have not seen villian get out of line, he seems solid (except that he does favor minraising).

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10. Hero posts a blind of $0.25
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.50</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero calls $0.25</font>

Loose OOP call, but I'm getting almost 3.5:1 so I think a call of the minraise is mandatory.

Flop: ($1.10) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

Monster flop, with pair and OESFD. Let's find out how much villian likes his hand. I plan on 3 betting if he raises.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO calls to $1.10</font>

Turn: ($3.30) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

OK, I hate this card, even though it "helps" me. I've improved to 2 pair, and still have the OESFD draw, but I am now drawing to the sucker end of the straight, so I'm not sure those outs are clean any more. However, I did pick up four outs to the full house, so that's some consolation. Checking here seems too weak-tight so I lead again with a 2/3 PSB.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5.00</font>

Uh oh. I think I beat nothing now. I could fold to a much bigger raise, but getting better than 8:3 I'm staying in.

Raise or call here? I'm really afraid I'm beat now. I don't think any worse hands call, and I don't think many better hands fold. I don't think I have much fold equity here, and I'd really like to see a showdown, so I lean towards a call. Can anyone find a raise or a fold here? If so, why?

<font color="#CC3333">Hero calls $3.00</font>

Turn: ($13.30) T/images/graemlins/club.gif

How to best extract value here? Check and hope villian makes a value bet? Lead - if so, how much?

<font color="#CC3333">Hero?</font>

h_ven
10-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I don't raise the turn ever, I just call and hope to hit the flush or boat. Bet $10 on the river, he'l insta call with his straight or may even raise.

pokerchap
10-19-2006, 08:21 PM
c/c turn. as played, push river.