PDA

View Full Version : Party email to representatives

U2ForNow
10-19-2006, 06:52 PM
I do not know if this has been posted or not. I apologize if it has. Party has posted a form that will send an email to your local representative. You can find it at http://www.partypoker.com/

Here is a copy of the text being emailed.

To Whom It May Concern

I am a voter, I am a poker player and I am mad.

Under your watch, Congress passed legislation that prohibits me from playing the great game of poker on the Internet. Legislation that impacts millions online poker players in the United States like me deserves more debate than a back-room deal. You have an opportunity to correct this injustice.

Poker is a great American game with deep roots in this country. Throughout history presidents, generals, Members of Congress, Supreme Court justices and average citizens have enjoyed poker with family and friends. Poker is what I like to do for entertainment, just like a round of golf or going to a movie.

Unlike other forms of gambling, poker is not a game of chance. It is a game where performance is merited and a community game where the "house" is not your competition. These are real and significant differences. Simply putting the word "Internet" in front of poker does not change the qualities of the game and it should not make the people who play it suspect.

I am urging you to support amending this new Internet gambling law so that it has an exemption for poker. Please note, that other forms of Internet gambling such as horseracing, lotteries and fantasy sports are already protected under this law. An exemption for poker is not unreasonable, it is good public policy and would help preserve and protect an American tradition.

I look forward to your support for a poker exemption.

Again, I am a voter, I am a poker player and I remember.

Faithfully,

HermanLi
10-19-2006, 08:47 PM
LOL. Yeah buddy, you can change the world if you just put your mind to it! You get an A- for gumption, though.