PDA

View Full Version : Ed Millers says, "We fold to damn much"?

essence86
10-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi!
I just read Ed Millerīs very fasinating post, about many players folding to much. I think thatīs pretty true for me.

About me: I have only played a few months, I am struggling hard with the 25NL tables :/
I need to learn, a lot!
I often go by the old phrase, "top pair with bad kicker..fold", "unless you can play back...fold"..you know.
But many times I find I am behind in the pot, I get a feel that I just donīt belong in the pot. But I get that feeling too often I believe.
As you probably already figured out, I am pretty tight passive player. I someone makes it 4xBB, and I am looking at AK, I usually donīt re-raise...because I miss the flop so often, and they always take the pot away from me.
They seem to magically "know" I donīt hit, or donīt have an overpair. :/

I play weak. Play tight. I finally flop a good hand, just to see everybody fold, or be drawn out on.
This results in very small winnings! And often losing big pots.

When Ed says, "You fold to much". Does this just refer to LIMIT poker, where it is obvious where you get much better pot-odds, than No-Limit Poker, where you often face 2-1 pot odds (pot bet).

Thanks! Great forum!

kitaristi0
10-19-2006, 05:02 PM
IT REFERS TO LIMIT POKER. CALLING TOO MUCH IN NL IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE SPEW. I AM WRITING IN CAPS TO EMPHASIZE MY POINT.

Roadstar
10-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I think when he said that he was referring to limit poker and especially at river bets where your odds are 4:1+ so calling can't be a big mistake, if it is one.

[ QUOTE ]

As you probably already figured out, I am pretty tight passive player. I someone makes it 4xBB, and I am looking at AK, I usually donīt re-raise...because I miss the flop so often, and they always take the pot away from me.
They seem to magically "know" I donīt hit, or donīt have an overpair. :/

[/ QUOTE ]

They magically "know" only because you play weak. Sometimes I reraise w/ AK, which is good because you now take the initiative and it is your opponent that has to think hard on the flop when you c-bet. Get pokertracker if you haven't already to help you review your hands, look at your stats, and keep track of your opponents.

checkmate36
10-19-2006, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Great forum!

[/ QUOTE ]

This part correctly pertains to this forum

essence86
10-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Ok..thanks guys!
No more calling for me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have pokertracker. I have been winning, but extremely mediocre resluts. BB/100 is like: 2.03 or something :/

pretty bad for 25NL. Others are winning at 8-9 BB/100 Hands.

EMc
10-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Ed McWilliams says, "This thread is just noise"