PDA

View Full Version : In which states is online "gambling" illegal?

breaktwister
10-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Im not from US but Ive been closely following develepments.

Would anybody care to put up a list of states within which it is illegal to gamble online?

I know some states have laws which allow "only gambling authorized by the state" or some other nonsense. I want to see a list of states which have not prohibited internet gambling in any way.

Lets say for example New York is one of those states (I dont know - just using an example) and lets also say that California is a state that DOESNT prohibit online gambling. Would it be then be illegal for a New York resident to gamble via a Californian based site?

We all know that the new bill refers to "existing state law" and does not explicitly make any new prohibitions towards internet gambling. It is after all an "enforcement" bill. However, how is this going to work in States where there is no internet gambling ban in existance? Surely financial institutions in such States are not obliged to block tranfers to gambling sites?

breaktwister
10-19-2006, 04:07 PM
this seems far to simple so flame away if i've got it all wrong, but why not just set-up an online poker site in a State which hasnt outlawed on-line gambling?

Financial insitutions would therefore not be banned under the new bill from transfering funds to such a "lawful" site.

Are there any States which havent outlawed online gambling?