PDA

View Full Version : NL25, another TT hand

jdefoe
10-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Same villan as in This Post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=7726857&an=0&page=0# Post7726857)

about 20 hands later....

This time, there's 2 limpers, and he raises to $.5 from the SB and I raise it to $1.75 from the BB with two red tens again the limpers fold, he minraises me again to 3.5 I call. and I decide to call.

flop comes: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7)
He bets $3, and i call

turn: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
he backs down his bet to $2, and i call. I think he has KK but not totally sure

river 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
He bets $2, and i call.

Do you like the way this was played?

Jigsaws
10-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Stack sizes?

Raise the flop, raise the turn, raise the river. Get the money in. If he has AA/QQ, sucks, so be it.

jonyy6788
10-19-2006, 03:03 PM
At some point here there has to be a raise......aka the flop

evilempire
10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
I would raise the flop to $10. Probably push the turn depending on stack sizes. You reraised him PF, then he raised you again. You flopped a set, get that money in!

wallywojo
10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
what is the raise then, 13 on the flop?

xwillience
10-19-2006, 03:17 PM
id make it 10-12 on the flop.

pokerchap
10-19-2006, 03:18 PM
you really need to raise here. How are you so sure he has KK btw?

jdefoe
10-19-2006, 04:06 PM
oh yeah, villan has 31, hero has $26

I'm just saying that i played the hand this way because i'm killing AK/AQ/JJ/KK which are in his reraising range, but getting killed by AA/QQ which are in his range aswell. I figured if i just called i would lose the least when behind and win the most when ahead. By raising the flop, I think we're only getting called by better hands

Shaddux
10-19-2006, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying that i played the hand this way because i'm killing AK/AQ/JJ/KK which are in his reraising range, but getting killed by AA/QQ which are in his range aswell. I figured if i just called i would lose the least when behind and win the most when ahead. By raising the flop, I think we're only getting called by better hands

[/ QUOTE ]
I was about to ask for your thought process during the hand...good thing I decided to read the thread for once.

Anyways, your thinking is way off. TPTK, 2pair, big draws, etc all call raises. Get your money in.

The way this was played combined with your reasoning leads me to believe you are playing extremely tight-passive. Don't do this unless you hate money.

trigeek08
10-19-2006, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured if i just called i would lose the least when behind and win the most when ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously the right way to evaluate your descisions in the hand. However, you are not making the most when ahead. You need to throw a raise in because you will be called by both better and worse hands here. AQ/AK are not folding, KK/JJ will. It sucks to get stacked by AA/QQ, but it happens. Bottom line, get more money in there.

evagaba
10-19-2006, 04:37 PM
raise flop, push turn.

jdefoe
10-22-2006, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was about to ask for your thought process during the hand...good thing I decided to read the thread for once.

Anyways, your thinking is way off. TPTK, 2pair, big draws, etc all call raises. Get your money in.

The way this was played combined with your reasoning leads me to believe you are playing extremely tight-passive. Don't do this unless you hate money.

[/ QUOTE ]

the way villan played the hand screamed pocket kings.... that's why I played it this way. He actually did show down KK now in the actual hand. Do you still raise the flop?

Shaddux
10-22-2006, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you still raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes obv

Xanta
10-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Grunch

As weak as your line looks, I think this kind of makes sense as a WA/WB situation. Villain has a pretty limited range with the preflop double minraise. He's folding JJ or KK if you put in a healthy flop or turn raise, and you're getting stacked if he has QQ or AA. The only hand I really see you getting value out of is AK here.