PDA

View Full Version : NL25, TT versus clueless player

jdefoe
10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
6-max game, don't have the HH right now, but here's where it went down. I have $26 and villan has a little over $30.

Everyone folds to me in the SB and I raise it up to $1 he he cold calls. I'm not sure what he's holding right about now since he's been doing a lot of limp/calling.

flop:

T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2 in pot)
I bet $1 trying to make it look like a c-bet, and he minraises to $2, i call planning to c/r turn.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6)
I check, he bets .25 (way underbet), so i raise it up to $2, and he calls

River: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($10)
terrible card, I check it, and he bets, $2, and i call.

how did i play it?

Gravy
10-19-2006, 02:01 PM
The board is drawy enough that I think you have to 3-bang the flop or lead the turn. You can't risk giving a free card here.

Jigsaws
10-19-2006, 02:27 PM
This is pretty damn horrible, if you ask me.

Bet full pot on the flop on this drawy board. 3-bet his minraise to at least $8-$10. If he calls, open shove the turn.

orange
10-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Bet more on all streets. 3-bet flop typically. Played weak IMO.

pokerchap
10-19-2006, 03:25 PM
raise flop to about 6.

Shaddux
10-19-2006, 04:29 PM
You played this pretty badly.

Flop: If your cbets are 1/2pot, make your cbets bigger. Bet the full pot here. When he minraises, reraise.

Turn: I just lead here. If we decide to c/r, make sure you raise the pot at least.

River: This is fine, but I probably block.

pho75
10-19-2006, 04:44 PM
It's more important to get the most you can from players who DO have a hand instead of trying to milk the players who DON'T.

You should reraise on the flop, both to build the pot and to offer him another chance to make a mistake by calling or raising.

On the turn I would just assume he's got a queen or 44 and bet again for the same reasons.

That river is harsh, but I'm not good enough to fold it getting 6-1.

ajmargarine
10-19-2006, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's more important to get the most you can from players who DO have a hand instead of trying to milk the players who DON'T.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft.

OP: More on flop. CB's should be pot or just under pot, so that's what your bet should be here and always.

jct
10-19-2006, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OP: More on flop. CB's should be pot or just under pot, so that's what your bet should be here and always.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi can you go over the advantages of betting pot as opposed to betting 1/2 to 2/3 pot? I know that it will probably work more when the cb is larger, but it would need to work more to be profitable anyway right?

If they totally miss the flop, they will probably fold almost as often to a 1/2 psb as they will to a full psb wouldn't they?

Wouldn't another advantage of a smaller cb be that you will keep the pot smaller if you want to fire a second barrel?

Thanks

Vern
10-19-2006, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi can you go over the advantages of betting pot as opposed to betting 1/2 to 2/3 pot? I know that it will probably work more when the cb is larger, but it would need to work more to be profitable anyway right?

If they totally miss the flop, they will probably fold almost as often to a 1/2 psb as they will to a full psb wouldn't they?

Wouldn't another advantage of a smaller cb be that you will keep the pot smaller if you want to fire a second barrel?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Those smaller flop bets are for boards that are not draw heavy. This board has a flush and straight draw on it, so you want to price out drawing hands. If you bet 1/3 the pot, you give your opponent 4:1 to call, enough for either a FD or OESD to call. If you bet 1/2 the pot, they get 3:1 to call, but can still call profitably. At a pot sized bet, the call at 2:1, so you are making their 4:1 or worse draw more unprofitable because they pay more when they don't hit and there is not that much left to go in if they do hit so you have also reduced their implied odds.

ajmargarine
10-19-2006, 06:31 PM
The most important thing in flop bet sizing is: you want to get max value the times that you do have a made hand and are betting for value. So, everything goes off of that. You size CB's the same size as vb's for deception.

Also, 9/10 someone who has a hand to call you with is calling whether you bet 1/2 pot or 3/4 pot.