PDA

View Full Version : argh, is my overpair that bad here?

n1nj4.br
10-19-2006, 09:13 AM
No reads - effective stacks 40

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8.5</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($21, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $15</font>, Hero ?

banana182
10-19-2006, 09:16 AM
That flush flop scares me. I might have just called the flop bet and fold the turn. There's a straight possibility as well. I'd get out on the turn though.

pho75
10-19-2006, 09:27 AM
It's makes things difficult when you give the stack sizes in BBs and the action in $s.

xwillience
10-19-2006, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's makes things difficult when you give the stack sizes in BBs and the action in $s.

[/ QUOTE ]

??????

xwillience
10-19-2006, 09:37 AM
yeah you can safely fold here. the only hand you beat is a small pair like A6/A7. maybe its the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif or some bs. it could be 99/TT flopped flush, maybe a set, etc.

pho75
10-19-2006, 09:41 AM
I thought he was giving the stack sizes in big blinds for some reason.

AJGibson
10-19-2006, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That flush flop scares me. I might have just called the flop bet and fold the turn. There's a straight possibility as well. I'd get out on the turn though.

[/ QUOTE ] I shouldn't scare you it's unlikely a villain will have 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif's in the hole, or have connected with the flop. Hero's hand is ahead of villains range at this time, and a raise will likely end the hand often enough for it to be profitable. Calling the flop bet is too passive, the board is too connected for that, you'd rather end the hand early and not have to deal with the turn

After the villain's action though, you can refine his range and now it seems likely he's connected well with the flop, so Hero should give it up on the turn.

munkey
10-19-2006, 09:54 AM
I like the way you played this hand.
Villan leads 1/2 pot at you as PFR so could be probing going for cheap draw/steal pot on scary board. When he calls the raise you know he's prob got a hand or drawing.

When he leads the turn he says I've got something/ He may still be drawing or unsure and have a higher overpair.
You don't beat very much - maybe acerag with Ace spades./A6o so folding is best.