PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to Pot-Limit games after playing NL...

imzadim
10-19-2006, 05:13 AM
What things should you consider when playing pot-limit vs NL?
I mean this strategically speaking and also how should you manage your BR?

I imagine you need a smaller BR to play pot-limi than NL (on similar size games), but I have no idea on how to adjust this.

Thanks a lot!

P.S Feel free to direct me to some other link or post if this has been covered before which I imagine it has (I couldn't find anything useful)

CaucasianAsian29
10-19-2006, 05:33 AM
I think NL is just way cooler!! Stick w/ NL-more games, more crapy players, higher potential of making more money

Leviathan101
10-19-2006, 07:56 AM
I don't really think PL is much different from NL at these limits. Just bet the pot every time. Just like in NL.
It makes it a lot harder to get huge pots with giant stacks but that can a good thing too.

I don't think bankroll should change much.
Pot sized bets on every street get 100bb into the pot. And generally you want to be playing for stacks.

Antti
10-19-2006, 08:05 AM
I played 10PL and 25PL a lot on Ongame, where are probably the best PLHE games I've ever seen or heard of. Your bankroll requirements are pretty much the same, but you really have to adjust to seeing a lot more flops and getting your pf raises called much more than in NL. (Although the fact that small stakes is full of retards contributes to this.) Building pots is fairly straightforward postflop, because we hardly ever bet over pot in NL anyway. You also have to keep in mind that that relatively small bet (esp PF) is the often the very maximum he *can* bet or raise, adjust your reads accordingly.

Fair warning though, as said before, the PL games are rarely as good as the NL games, or at least finding a lot of games to multitable can be troublesome. Except on ongame, where at least the 25PL FR was juicier than 25NL FR.